Column Headings

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VK7XX
Old Man

Column Headings

Post by VK7XX »

yeah, it's me again. :shock:

OK, I know that I can change the columns that appear, and the width of these columns, (page 39 of the manual) however, I would like to also change the actual text that heads the column.. for example, I would like to change "QSO date" to simply 'Date' and RST sent to just 'Sent' (as well as change a few others to shorter headings) Is this currently possible ?????

and, if not, I would like to make it a request for a future version !

John
VK7XX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Column Headings

Post by G4POP »

Hi John,
We have title change on our Mantis list for the future.
73 Terry G4POP
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

EXCELLENT! :D Thanks Terry.
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

Further to my original post on this subject.... it appears that this request has been overlooked, at least, if it has been acted upon, I have missed it in the manual..... I am most interested in seeing implemented the part from my previous post.... "I would like to also change the actual text that heads the column.. for example, I would like to change "QSO date" to simply 'Date' and RST sent to just 'Sent' "

I would like to see this for reasons of savings of screen space.... so that I can see more. I personally find it pointless to have a column that stores 8 characters to have a heading that is 13 characters wide (QSO start time for example.. hey, I know its a QSO, its a ham contact log..... the words Start Time would be ample) or, a column that stores a simple Y or N to have a heading 15 characters wide when 5 would suffice (as in QSL Send Status when QSL S would do)....

Others might disagree with me and thats OK, however if the headings were editable, we could choose what to have occupying the space.

cheers
John
VK7XX
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi John,

Terry´s on vacation and will be back 1st September ----- so stay "tuned" ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi John, i agree with your request. Adding to the list of things to do (i will change column names directly)

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

For me, that is good news. Thankyou Daniele.

You wrote " (i will change column names directly) " does this mean that you will be making permanent changes to the column headings, or, will you make these headings 'user editable' ? which would be my preference and I would think others would like to be able to do this themselves as well.

John
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

In a first release i will make them fixed. Making those fields dinamics needs many changes and the needs to store the informations in a data structure.
I think this is not one of the priority points for now, so in a future release the first change will be making those fields shorter in a fixed way

Daniele IW3HMH
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

thankyou for the clarification Daniele.

Yes, I can follow that making the headings user editable would take a lot of work. I imagine that it would require each column to have a unique identifier in the database and for each column to display what is stored by that identifier as well as having separate headings... Yes, quite a bit of work... For info, Logger32 has this feature, and the way that it has been implimented is not user friendly to use so I do understand.

I know it is of low priority, but would be most grateful if you would not abandon the idea completely.

regards
John
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

We add this thing to our mantis :)