Import of complete eqsl adif

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
DJ6JZ
Novice Class

Import of complete eqsl adif

Post by DJ6JZ »

Hi -

I just installed and configured log4om v1.17.1.0. As my most complete logbook is stored at eqsl, I want to let log4om download the complete logbook.
So I entered the user id and password for eqsl. QTH nickname was left empty (only one qth exists).
How can log4om import now all data from eqsl? If in "QSL Management", tab "eqsl" the button "to adif" is clicked, an error message appears: "Not connected to any database".

Thanks for help.

Willi, DJ6JZ
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Import of complete eqsl adif

Post by K7PT »

I'm not a Eqsl user so limited.

But, you should download your Eqsl log into a ADIF file if you can do that from Eqsl and then create a database in Log4OM, then import the ADIF file into your database.

Chuck-K7PT
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DJ6JZ wrote:Hi -
an error message appears: "Not connected to any database".DJ6JZ
You need to create a database to import QSO's to before you do anything

User guide page 28 describes how to do this

Having created a database you must then visit the eQSL website and download an ADIF file of your contacts

Now you have the eQSL ADIF file follow the instructions in the user guide page 29>>>> to import the ADIF into your newly created database
73 Terry G4POP
DJ6JZ
Novice Class

Post by DJ6JZ »

Thanks Terry and Chuck. I got a database created and could import adif files from eqsl.

Eqsl offers a download option for the in and outbox separately.
When the inbox is imported to log4om, the column 'RST sent' contains data which belongs to RST received. The 'RST received' column is empty.
When the outbox is imported, the column 'RST sent' contains correct data. The 'RST received' column is empty.
From both files no data for QSL sent / received is imported, grid squares are also missing.
Is there a way to import eqsl data correctly?

A local adif exists only for JT65 contacts. Everything is imported fine to log4om from that file. So, if eqsl is not a pratical source for adif import, I can at least use log4om for these activities. Which leads me to the second question:
Is there a way to let log40m check the call signs currently received by JT65-FC Comfort 3.8, so the worked / not worked status becomes visible?

BTW, my rig is a Zeus ZS-1, com port operation works fine via Omnirig.

vy 73
Willi, DJ6JZ
DJ6JZ
Novice Class

Post by DJ6JZ »

... as a hint for other eqsl users: The most complete eqsl adif was my outbox file, as I qsl all contacts. But the content of eqsl data turned out to be less useable than the entries that were already imported to log4om from a digital modes software.
So after having download the outbox file, I deleted all digi mode related entries manually, saved it as ssb.adi and imported it to log4om. Some work was needed to add missing data, but finally it worked.

Willi, DJ6JZ