Changing countrys

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K0AY
Old Man

Changing countrys

Post by K0AY »

I made an ADIF of my log and uploaded it to Clublog. In return, I received an email suggesting that a number of my QSOs were listed in the wrong country. I concur that this is the case in at least some of them. I edit a QSO in dispute, I changed the country using the pulldown list. Then I "update" then "Save & exit". I then do a refresh then reedited the QSO, but the country had changed back to what it was. How can one change the country in a QSO?

Art
K0AY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Changing countrys

Post by G4POP »

Don't do the update just save and exit after changing the country
73 Terry G4POP
K0AY
Old Man

Post by K0AY »

Terry...

Thanks for the super fast reply. That fixes it. It seems that some of my QSOs had the country changed to ABU Ail, a deleted country.
k3dcw
Advanced Class

Post by k3dcw »

Art,

I've seen that "Abu Ali" with QSOs imported from older versions of HRD....seems to default to Abu Ali when the country is not entered correctly for some reason; I believe Abu Ali is the first in the list (alphabetically, at least) but it is, of course, deleted.

I'm glad you got it fixed. Log4OM is an OUTSTANDING piece of software and ClubLog is great for finding those "oddball" countries (there aren't many from Log4OM).

Dave
K3DCW
K3DCW
Elecraft K3
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K0AY wrote:Terry...

Thanks for the super fast reply. That fixes it. It seems that some of my QSOs had the country changed to ABU Ail, a deleted country.
Yes Art,
And the update button is searching QRZ, HamQTH etc and reverting the country from the one that you have set manually so "Update" is updating the update :D
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

k3dcw wrote:Art,

I've seen that "Abu Ali" with QSOs imported from older versions of HRD....seems to default to Abu Ali when the country is not entered correctly for some reason; I believe Abu Ali is the first in the list (alphabetically, at least) but it is, of course, deleted.

I'm glad you got it fixed. Log4OM is an OUTSTANDING piece of software and ClubLog is great for finding those "oddball" countries (there aren't many from Log4OM).

Dave
K3DCW
You are correct

When no DXCC or country name is provided in the imported ADIF the program selects the first entry in the country file

This often occurs when importing contest logs
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

When you import without the flag "check data" Log4OM will load your information without changing a bit.
If you set the data check on import, many checks are made, including clublog verifications (that will fix the issues reported when uploading to clublog), dxcc check against callsign/qso date and many other checks.
I suggest to enable this feature on EVERY import, to have the log fully checked and validated on import

Daniele IW3HMH
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
K0AY
Old Man

Post by K0AY »

Many thanks all.