Problem loading new Profile and Log

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Problem loading new Profile and Log

Post by VK7CW »

Hi,

I have several different old logs under different callsigns that I am trying to make a new profile for.

I have created a new profile under those callsigns and I want to be able to import my adif log of those callsigns.

However when I create a new database under the new profile my main log keeps getting imported into the new log.

My understanding is that when I create a new database under the new profile the log should be empty until I import an adif or enter qsos.

I don't know how or why this is happening.

What am I doing wrong?

Please does anyone have any ideas, I know I am probably doing something very simple wrong, but for the life of me I have tried everything.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Problem loading new Profile and Log

Post by G4POP »

Hi ????,
First a question

Were the other calls connected to different locations (addresses etc)
73 Terry G4POP
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Post by VK7CW »

Hi Terry,

I have created a couple of new profiles, some have the same location and others are different locations, all within VK.

It doesn't seem to matter what I do, if I create a new profile under another callsign and then create a new database for that profile, my main log is exported in immediately after I create the new database.

Any ideas?

73 de Steve VK7CW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

John,
I have just set up several different profiles with new and separate databases without issue so before we start to chase bugs etc lets ensure that you are following the correct procedure as described below and displayed in the screen shots.

1. In Settings click "New Config"
2. Next click on the "station info" tab and complete all of the information
3. Click the save icon - This is the floppy disk icon at the bottom right hand corner
4. Re-open the "Settings' dialog
5. Select the profile that you just created from the drop down list
6. Click the "Make active" button
7. Click the save icon
8. Re start Log4OM

The program now restarts using your new profile but without a logbook connected (Message in bottom RH corner of window displays "Not connected")

1. Go to File/New database and create a new database with a unique name - click save - The "Not connected message should now show the path and name of the new database and the recent QSO window should be empty.
2. Go to file/import ADIF and import the required ADIF when imported the recent QSO window should show the imported QSO's only
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (88.01 KiB) Viewed 3692 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (133.02 KiB) Viewed 3692 times
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (108.11 KiB) Viewed 3692 times
Capture4.JPG
Capture4.JPG (90.81 KiB) Viewed 3692 times
73 Terry G4POP
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Post by VK7CW »

Hi Terry,

I can certainly confirm that I was following the procedure as you detailed, and after I created a new database it showed the path of the new database however the recent QSO window was not empty and was displaying my main log. I tried this several times with different new config and the same result every time.

However, to cut a long story short, as this was doing my head in, badly, I totally wiped and deleted Log4om from my computer. I downloaded the program again (just to be on the safe side), reinstalled it and now the problem has gone. I am pleased to report that everything is now working as it should and I have created several new configs and imported my old logs. :D

So somewhere along the way I must have picked up a glitch. Sorry to bother you and I probably should have reinstalled it in the first place and saved myself a lot of bother.

Thanks anyway,

73 de Steve VK7CW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK7CW wrote:Hi Terry,

I can certainly confirm that I was following the procedure as you detailed, and after I created a new database it showed the path of the new database however the recent QSO window was not empty and was displaying my main log. I tried this several times with different new config and the same result every time.

However, to cut a long story short, as this was doing my head in, badly, I totally wiped and deleted Log4om from my computer. I downloaded the program again (just to be on the safe side), reinstalled it and now the problem has gone. I am pleased to report that everything is now working as it should and I have created several new configs and imported my old logs. :D

So somewhere along the way I must have picked up a glitch. Sorry to bother you and I probably should have reinstalled it in the first place and saved myself a lot of bother.

Thanks anyway,

73 de Steve VK7CW
OK Steve no problem, I am just pleased that it is resolved.
73 Terry G4POP