QRZ.com QSO logging

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KA4CDN
Old Man

QRZ.com QSO logging

Post by KA4CDN »

Can't seem to figure out how to make this work.
I just paid QRZ.Com to get XML Logbook Data thinking I needed that. Do I need the paid subscription or not for logging upload?

Even with the subscription, I get the look up to work (it worked w/o as well) but the upload still is not working. In the Setup for Log4OM on the External Logs tab a place to enter an API Key for QRZ. What is this? Might this be the problem since I have it blank? Where do I get the API Key? (I searched around on QRZ.Com and didn't find anything nor do I see anything in the latest Log4OM user manual).

Thanks
Mike
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QRZ.com QSO logging

Post by G4POP »

You need to get your API key from your QRZ logbook settings page

Click your call sign and select logbook from the drop down
In the QRZ logbook click 'settings'

On the left hand side you will see the API code - Copy and paste it into the Log4om settings tab in the emty field that you mentioned

Click save

Now every time you log a QSO in Log4om it will be uploaded to your QRZ logbook
73 Terry G4POP
KF5WXP
Novice Class

Post by KF5WXP »

Hi Mike, I had problems getting the file as well. Oddly enough, Internet Explorer would download it as an HTML file instead of API. Still don't know why, but when I used Firefox, it downloaded just fine.

Brett KF5WXP
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Terry! Thanks that was the solution. It works great now, both in retrieving the full contact info and uploading the QSO back to QRZ.

Mike

PS - my next question might be how to print QSL card labels. I've tried a couple of times but thus far haven't got it to print anything that looks remotely like a mailing label. I'll read the user manual again and if I can't get it to work I'll post another question under a different thread.