Update of manual for new version

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Update of manual for new version

Post by NN7D »

Just a suggestion to make the updated manual synch with new versions. Thanks Terry for the new version of the Log4OM Users Manual with today's date of 05/08/2014. It would be nice if upon the release of a new version of Log4Om that there could be at least a simi automatic way to get a new manual synched to the new release. There is already some mechanism to check for a new manual, because I went in to the (Win7) c:\Users\(name)\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM folder and renamed the old manual.pdf to something else, then restarted Log4OM and tried to open the manual by selecting Help\Help\English\Open_Manual and received a test box asking if I wanted to update the manual. I said yes, and it downloaded a new manual, but alas, it was the old manual again, not the new one which Terry just released. I know you probably have not updated that link and I caught it just in the transition. But in any case, it would be useful if there was an internal check when the manual is opened to see if there is a newer manual, and offer to update it if there is. Maybe there is such code in existent and I just caught you in the transition, but if not, would be nice to have to keep everyone on the current and latest manual.

Hope that makes sense.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA