Cant activate Google maps and KLM

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
SM5MEK
Novice Class

Cant activate Google maps and KLM

Post by SM5MEK »

I can open the window with KLM and log list but it newer appear any map? What can i do to get that function?
I have reloaded the program. :(
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Cant activate Google maps and KLM

Post by IW3HMH »

there is a known issue on 4 digits gridsquares (fixed in current beta).
If you have 6 digits gridsquares (at least one) the produced file will be placed in a \temp folder into Log4OM settings folder (you can find it in the HELP menu).

Here you can find the KML file that Log4OM tries to open: if you cannot find a file there, after KML generation, please check and reports for errors in the log file (available, also, in the HELP menu)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
SM5MEK
Novice Class

Post by SM5MEK »

This is what i found on the log:

2014-08-10 17:38:31.8710 ERROR: *** GoogleEarthManagement: KML Plotting failed C:\Users\SM5MEK\AppData\Roaming\LogOM\temp\20140810153831.kml ******* [Function: GenerateQsoLocatorMap] System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Inget program är associerat med den angivna filen för den här åtgärden
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at LogOM.BL.GoogleEarthManagement.GenerateQsoLocatorMap(Log log, Boolean extrude, Int32 gridsquareLevel, Int32 visualizationMode)

Text in SWE says no program is assosiated with the given file for this execution. :?:
VA3AG
Old Man

Post by VA3AG »

SM5MEK wrote:This is what i found on the log:

2014-08-10 17:38:31.8710 ERROR: *** GoogleEarthManagement: KML Plotting failed C:\Users\SM5MEK\AppData\Roaming\LogOM\temp\20140810153831.kml ******* [Function: GenerateQsoLocatorMap] System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Inget program är associerat med den angivna filen för den här åtgärden
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at LogOM.BL.GoogleEarthManagement.GenerateQsoLocatorMap(Log log, Boolean extrude, Int32 gridsquareLevel, Int32 visualizationMode)

Text in SWE says no program is assosiated with the given file for this execution. :?:
This maybe a stupid question but do you have "Google Earth" on your machine?

Aldo VA3AG
SM5MEK
Novice Class

Post by SM5MEK »

How how how, it a Sunday and my brain are always free on Sunday. :roll: yeah thats the problem, the google maps was not present. TNX for tips. :idea: Now sinking down in the coach and hiding from the world.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi Jenny,

switch on your brain ;) ;) Not "Google Maps" ... Log4OM needs "Google Earth" istalled at the computer. Google Maps is an internet related thing while GE is a installed Software.

See you in the QRP-Club Forum ;) ;)

Now back to the radio ... WAEDC Contest is running :mrgreen:
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

I do not have Google Earth install but I would just like to generate a KML file with my contacts. After I "Generate KML" I can not find any file. I looked in the /temp directory but there is nothing there. I searched my hard drive for *.kml and did not find a temp KML file.

Mike / KA4CDN
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Your qso records must contain locator information for Log4OM to be able to generate the Goole Earth kml file and Google Earth must be installed on your PC to be able to plot the locators

The kml file is saved in your C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM\temp folder
73 Terry G4POP
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Thank you. It works. What a fantastic program Log4OM.