Manual qso entry under CAT control - freq reverts to cat

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Manual qso entry under CAT control - freq reverts to cat

Post by NN7D »

I've been adding some old qso's manually into Log4OM - ver.1.18.1.0, and I've come across what I think is a bug. I have my rig on and set to use CAT control, so when I add a new qso, the frequency and band in L4OM is set based on where the rig is tuned. When I enter a new manual qso, I change the frequency, band and mode to fit the qso being added. When I click on the add button, I get a message - band/freq mismatch, but they match as entered, and click OK. When I check this qso in the F8 tab, the band and mode are correct, but the frequency has reverted to the CAT rig frequency. In this case, my rig was tuned to 21,033 on 15m CW mode. The qso entered was SSB 20m, 14,265.

Using Win7 x64.

I hope this makes sense.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Manual qso entry under CAT control - freq reverts to cat

Post by G4POP »

You must not have the rig on for manual entry because CAT overrides the entry, just switch the rig off
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Terry,

from time to time i have also to add older qso´s into L4O if a card arrives me for a /P or /M contact. Normally i don´t use a logger when Making QSO´s as /M or /P .... When i´m siiting on the station and handle this normally my rig is running to see what´s going on at the bands.

A simple question to Daniele:

Isn´t it possible to implement a funktion in the QSO Manager that we can insert older contacts in a form that not used the L4O CAT for Frequency, Band, Mode ??? Only an idea :idea: :idea:

If it needs to much code change leave it as it is ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Terry, thanks for the reply. As Juergen stated, I would rather not turn off the rig, as I am listening for DX or something else tantalizing.

I have to question one thing. The manual entry of mode and band overrides the CAT mode and band. Why can't the manual entry of a different frequency override the CAT frequency?

Thanks,

Doug
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

I was just about to post a new entry which I was going to call "Manual Frequency change not working" when I spotted this series of posts.

To explain my proposed title............. I use software called WSJT-X. I was on the 15m band. This software allows you to monitor and qso in both JT65 and JT9. Now JT65 is "normally" TXed on, and logged on 21.076 while JT9 is worked & logged on 21.078. As stated, WSJT-X monitors and works both modes so, I leave the radio on 21.076 and can see both modes. I worked a JT9 contact and, before hitting the enter to log it, I manually changed the frequency to 21.078 but it logged the contact as 21.076 and now that I have read this series of messages, I know does not work.

Shouldn't a 'manual overide' actually overide ??? Perhaps this could be added to the next version so that manually setting a frequency forces an overide even if the radio is on.

John
VK7XX
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

John, yes I would think that it would be a fairly straight forward coding change. When writing to the database, use the frequency entered into the window, versus the rig provided frequency. Daniele, is that possible?

Thanks,

Doug
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

yes, somewhat like lock frequency, as we have for mode and band
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
yt9tp
Old Man

Post by yt9tp »

Maybe simple button to turn CAT on and off would do the job? If you need CAT you keep it on, if not, just switch off.

That would actually help in other occasion - when serial connection stalls, and we have to reset it. the same option of turning cat on off and on could also reset connection and be helpful in both ways.
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Meanwhile i change from Rig1 to Rig2 which is not connected to a Radio. That is o.K. for logging other band/mode/qrg as the CAT on Rig1 is delivering. Use it to work on 10 m with my monobander. Rig has no CAT ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.