Log4OM causing ( ? ) memory leak in explorer.exe

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
w5rkn
Novice Class

Log4OM causing ( ? ) memory leak in explorer.exe

Post by w5rkn »

I am running Log4OM v. 1.18.1. When Log4OM is running, the memory allocation for explorer.exe keeps increasing, eventually consuming all available memory. If I exit Log4OM, the memory allocation for explorer.exe drops and stays steady. The memory allocation for Log4OM varies slightly but both up and down. Running Windows 7 Home Premium with 8GB memory.

Ron
w5rkn
Novice Class

Re: Log4OM causing ( ? ) memory leak in explorer.exe

Post by w5rkn »

After discovering 5.8 out of 8.0 GB of memory allocated to explorer.exe, Win 7 Home Premium, I renewed a search for the cause.

In my satellite setup, I regularly run SmartSDR, PowerSDR, SatPC32, FlexSATPC, Log4OM and associated programs. Keeping track of the memory allocation of explorer.exe, I eliminated running programs one by one. But the allocated memory just kept increasing.

After having killed all the programs listed above. including DAX and SmartSDR CAT, I noticed MySQL, used by Log4OM was still running. Killing the two processes associated with MySQL resulted in a stable memory for explorer.exe.

After a reboot, I started all the programs listed above except Log4OM. But the memory allocation for explorer.exe was still climbing. MySQL starts with Windows, so I had to kill its two processes. Finally, the memory allocation of explorer.exe stabilized.

So it seems something associated with MySQL and explorer.exe is creating a memory leak which will eventually consume all available memory.

A copy of this email has been posted on the Log4OM Error Reports Forum.

Any ideas, anyone?

Ron W5RKN
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Can't you change to SQLite to avoid this apparent MySQL issue?
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

G4POP wrote:Can't you change to SQLite to avoid this apparent MySQL issue?
Yep, i would say the same...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH