MODE drop down box 'fix' in Version 1.20

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
VK7XX
Old Man

MODE drop down box 'fix' in Version 1.20

Post by VK7XX »

The mode drop down box fix in version 1.20.0 is now worse than it was in 1.19

What happens now is, you click the padlock so as to select a different mode... eg JT65. You type in a J and the mode changes to the first J mode item in the list and then immediately changes focus to the Sent items box. You then click the down arrow again and type J again, it then selects the next J mode and again jumps focus back to the Sent items.

In version 1.19, when you performed the mode change the first time, it did as above BUT, when you selected the down arrow on the mode box a second time the box stayed open.... this was far better than what it is doing now and closing every keypress..

I would like to see the mode drop down stay open no matter what letter key is pressed until either a mode is clicked or the enter key is pressed to select the highlighted mode.

John
VK7XX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: MODE drop down box 'fix' in Version 1.20

Post by IW3HMH »

Mmmh... it's strange, i don't remember changes on that...
Let me check...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

IW3HMH wrote:Mmmh... it's strange, i don't remember changes on that...
Let me check...

Thank you Lele.. It certainly works differently than it did in 1.19 :(
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I probably found and fixed that issue...
releasing a beta soon to testers. I will probably speed up the 1.21 release to address a couple of issues that are still present.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Just make it a maintenance release 1.20.1
73 Terry G4POP
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

QUOTED my own message just to reactivate this thread....... Version 1.21.0.0 is still doing the same and not at all like 1.19 was :-(

VK7XX wrote:The mode drop down box fix in version 1.20.0 is now worse than it was in 1.19

What happens now is, you click the padlock so as to select a different mode... eg JT65. You type in a J and the mode changes to the first J mode item in the list and then immediately changes focus to the Sent items box. You then click the down arrow again and type J again, it then selects the next J mode and again jumps focus back to the Sent items.

In version 1.19, when you performed the mode change the first time, it did as above BUT, when you selected the down arrow on the mode box a second time the box stayed open.... this was far better than what it is doing now and closing every keypress..

I would like to see the mode drop down stay open no matter what letter key is pressed until either a mode is clicked or the enter key is pressed to select the highlighted mode.

John
VK7XX
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

John,

I cannot reproduce the issue, at least not in the current 1.21.0.0 version (I haven't tried it in previous versions).

- Clicking the lock only toggles the lock switch

- clicking the "mode" does exactly what one would expect, focus is brought to the "mode" control and I can use either the arrow up/dwn keys or letter keys to select desired mode.

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

73 Marvin VE3VEE
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

VE3VEE wrote:John,

I cannot reproduce the issue, at least not in the current 1.21.0.0 version (I haven't tried it in previous versions).

- Clicking the lock only toggles the lock switch

- clicking the "mode" does exactly what one would expect, focus is brought to the "mode" control and I can use either the arrow up/dwn keys or letter keys to select desired mode.

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

73 Marvin VE3VEE
Thanks Marvin. Ill try to explain it a little better... on my system (xp pro sp3) clicking the lock for Mode works fine, always has, what happens is in Version 1.19 when you clicked the down arrow to choose a mode and then type in the first letter of that mode the drop down list stayed open so that you could press J several times to eventually get to JT65 (for me its 99% J to get to JT65) ... When version 1.20 came out, and the same for the current version, when you press a letter, in my example, J, the drop down box immediately closes again meaning that I have to click the down arrow again...... I hope this explains it.. 1.19 was far easier.

Oh and yes, the drop down box stays open so that one can move the slider up or down, but typing a letter was (and could be again) much faster.

John
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

I just tested this in 1.21.0.0 and find that yes, when you open the drop down list and press J, the drop down list collapses, but you can still press the J key a few more times and the selected mode changes until you get to JT65. In other words, once the focus is on the control, it does respond to key input, even if collapsed.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

W7DRM wrote:........... In other words, once the focus is on the control, it does respond to key input, even if collapsed.
Doug - W7DRM
as popeye says ... well blow me down... I had never tried continuing to press a key once the dropdown/popup had closed. Even though it works, it would certainly look better and 'appear' more user friendly if it remained open as it once did.

Doug, thank you for taking it one step further than I did. :!:

John VK7XX