TO6D and TO2A country not recognised

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
ik2egl
Old Man

TO6D and TO2A country not recognised

Post by ik2egl »

in the WPX contest I noticed that for the TO6D and TO2A call the country is not recognised

in the QRZ they are listed as France and French Guiyana respectly
It is for Chuck :D
Attachments
no_country.jpg
no_country.jpg (47.07 KiB) Viewed 5185 times
73 de Don IK2EGL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: TO6D and TO2A country not recognised

Post by G4POP »

Don,
For me the call sign lookup in the call sign entry window finds TO6D correctly as Guadeloupe and TO2A as French Guiana, these entities are also confirmed by the Clublog lists of exceptions

Doing a spot simulation in the cluster F3 screen displays TO2A OK as French Guiana but not TO6D however I am not sure if we check Clublog exceptions for the cluster lookup

The main thing is that logging the call does a correct lookup and the QSO is saved with the correct DXCC entity
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Also, please be advised, that it has been a long standing policy that we do not put contest calls in the SCL.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

K7PT wrote:Also, please be advised, that it has been a long standing policy that we do not put contest calls in the SCL.
I am curious as to why.... A call is a call is a country, regardless of whether the owner chooses to use it just in contests. Having it in the list would make it a heck of a lot easier to record the country.

John
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Hi John,
When it comes to contest calls, there are many, many that could go into the SCL. But, they are valid only for one or two days which is OK, I guess. But, there are many where there is no info to be obtained and just show up. You'll notice that ClubLog does not include all of these calls for the same reason.

This policy goes back many years to the other logger Terry and I was involved in.

BTW: Doing a look up for TO2A there is no start or end date on the QRZ page so it's impossible to use in the SCL. I could guess but I don't like doing that. And, the QRZ page was last updated in October 2012.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

K7PT wrote:Hi John,
When it comes to contest calls, there are many, many that could go into the SCL. But, they are valid only for one or two days which is OK, I guess. But, there are many where there is no info to be obtained and just show up. You'll notice that ClubLog does not include all of these calls for the same reason.

This policy goes back many years to the other logger Terry and I was involved in.

BTW: Doing a look up for TO2A there is no start or end date on the QRZ page so it's impossible to use in the SCL. I could guess but I don't like doing that. And, the QRZ page was last updated in October 2012.

Good information and thanks for the explanation Chuck. and re the 'other logger' :-) yeah, I used that one too, until it changed owners.

John

PS, I had a thought just as I was about to push the submit button.... Is there a user editable file in Log4om where I could add the country info myself so that when I upload to places like eqsl/lotw/etc etc, the 'proper' country in in there ??
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

You should be able to edit and force the DXCC for every QSO you need...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH