Version 1.21 cluster connection behavior

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
VE3VEE
Old Man

Version 1.21 cluster connection behavior

Post by VE3VEE »

Thanks to the whole team for constantly improving LOG4OM. Keep up the great work.

I have observed a new/different behavior of the cluster in the latest release v.1.21.0.0. In previous versions, when I lost my internet connection briefly, it would:

1. either not matter because LOG4OM cluster would keep on working as soon as I came back online (if the downtime was only a short time, e.i. 10 seconds), or

2. the cluster would stop and an error message would pop up informing me connection was lost,

However, it seems to me that the new version behaves differently. It doesn't give me the error message. It simply stops working no matter how short the internet downtime was. This way, I may not even realize, for a long time, that the cluster stopped working. Now, in the new version, the only feedback of cluster not working I get is that I may eventually realize that the cluster hasn't shown me anything new in a long time. That may be, for example, an hour later. I preferred the way it worked in the older versions, where I knew immediately my cluster stopped.

Has anyone else observed this new behavior?

73 Marvin VE3VEE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Version 1.21 cluster connection behavior

Post by G4POP »

See the options/cat and cluster there is a new "Heartbeat" selection which stops the stay alive messages to the cluster, the box is probably not checked

We added this because the SOTA MT objected to us using the normal cluster stay alive messages
73 Terry G4POP
VE3VEE
Old Man

Re: Version 1.21 cluster connection behavior

Post by VE3VEE »

Thanks Terry, that did the trick! I've tested it and all is OK now.

73 Marvin VE3VEE