can't clear red OUT OF BAND icon

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
G4YBI
Novice Class

can't clear red OUT OF BAND icon

Post by G4YBI »

Hi, Just down-loaded Log40M yesterday, completed registration page and created file folder OK, go to main log page and as soon as you click on the frequency up/down setting, the red Out Of Band icon comes up under the the call sign box, this happens with or without adding a call sign/signal report, it will let you complete the rest of the info, but when you click Add button a pop up reminds you there's a miss match between the Band / frequency entered, (even though it's correct), you have to OK this to continue , the red out of band icon now display's until you close the log down,

Please Note,

From start up the red out of band icon comes up only "after" you click the frequency up/down, after that you can't clear it,

I'm manually setting the date and qso start/end time,

No Radio connected to PC, just want to use it as a log, not to control my Radio, PC runs on windows 7, is there any way of fixing this bug ?

Many thanks Paul G4YBI............
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: can't clear red OUT OF BAND icon

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Paul,
this issue has been addressed in the upcoming 1.22 expected in some days.
It's a bit annoying right now, but should not affect your normal operations.

I apologize for that
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4YBI
Novice Class

Post by G4YBI »

Hi Thanks for your reply I will look forward to trying the 1.22 update.

Paul G4YBI........
G4YBI
Novice Class

Post by G4YBI »

Hi Daniele,

Was the reason for the out of band miss match due to, when you entered the operating frequency into the log the MHZ is displayed in the main box but the KHZ are displayed in the HZ box it wont let you add them together.....

Thanks Paul G4YBI......
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You should enter as follows 7123 in the main box and 500 in Hz box to derive 7.123.500
73 Terry G4POP
G4YBI
Novice Class

Post by G4YBI »

Hi Terry,

Now know where I was going wrong, if i use the up/down control to add the frequency in the main box, the out of band icon is displayed,

if I start to type the frequency into the main box, as soon as I try to add the decimal point the out of band icon is displayed and the rest of the numbers end up in the Hz box,

BUT if I type in the whole frequency as 145500 in the main then add the decimal point, Bingo everything in the right place and no out of band icon......

Job done Many thanks Paul G4YBI.....
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

G4YBI wrote:<some deleted> if I type in the whole frequency as 145500 in the main then add the decimal point, Bingo everything in the right place and no out of band icon...... <bold underlining added>
Paul, don't add a decimal point manually. Just enter whole numbers in the white and blue areas. The decimal point gets added automatically.

John