VE3VEE
Old Man

Re: Cluster wrongly highlights already worked/confirmed modes

Post by VE3VEE »

1.gif
1.gif (151.66 KiB) Viewed 5043 times
0.gif
0.gif (151.26 KiB) Viewed 5043 times
Here's a depiction of the odd behavior I've observed. I don't work 160m so I have none of the above entities confirmed on 160m but I do have them confirmed on all modes on other bands. The first picture highlights the MODE as unconfirmed, but the second picture doesn't.

I think this is related to the Unworked mode on spot band feature that has some bug in it. I posted a separate error report at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1623

When Unworked mode on spot band is selected AND SAVED, upon restart of LOG4OM (or at least upon cluster refresh) the application will indeed highlight unworked (or unconfirmed) mode on spot band, but this will happen even after the subsequent disabling of this feature (view attached pictures). Disabling alone (without saving) of this feature will not prevent unworked (or unconfirmed) mode on spot band to be highlighted.

It works the same way the other way around. If users have their preferences saved with Unworked mode on spot band disabled, enabling alone (without saving) this feature will not enable unworked (or unconfirmed) mode on spot band to be highlighted. This feature, for some reason, requires to be saved and LOG4OM restarted or at least cluster needs to be refreshed.

73 Marvin VE3VEE
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Mode and band are highlighted indipendently.
If mode AND band appears as green color you miss both BAND and MODE.
If BAND is not highlighted and you have MODE highlighted that means you need the MODE on the selected band.
It's not a statistical visualization, is related to the cluster, so there is no needs to check if you have worked the mode in other bands/modes, except for adding a new color for that, like "mode as new one"
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

Daniele, in my last post I was only trying to point out, as seen on the two pictures in my previous post, that the feature highlights MODE inconsistently. It may highlight MODE one time and it may not highlight it at other time. Notice, the same features are enabled, but the result is different.

I suspect this issue is related to the issue I posted about earlier this morning at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1623 - I suspect as soon as that gets corrected, this issue will be corrected automatically, too.

I suspect I haven't been able yet to describe this issue in this thread in a way you guys would understand me :mrgreen: , but trust me, it's not working the way you guys meant it to work. :mrgreen:

73 Marvin VE3VEE
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

i'll give an eye :mrgreen:
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I just checked code.
There is, effectively, something not linear on how Log4Om deals with "mode" highlight.
The behaviour is related on the flag "unworked mode on spot band" that is used to prevent spot removal in some circumstances
but is used also for highlight

Here how it works ACTUALLY:
If the flag is checked, it checks the statistical item "Country Mode Worked on Band" and shows "green" if you
miss this mode on the current band

If the flag is unchecked, the check is made against the whole country, no matter of the current spot band. So it will show
green if the mode is missing on all bands.

I now separated how this part works, so in the next release, if Beta Testing will go as expected, we will have a separated flag to decide if you want
to have highlights based on MODE or MODE on the current spot band.

How it will work:

1) remove worked countries remove countries worked
keep unworked bands let countries survive to the elimination if the SPOT band is missing
keep unworked mode let countries that will be killed because of country/band worked. Mode is now defined in a new parameter (2) that ask you, in the highlight
section, if the MODE is related to the current band or the mode should be checked on all bands for the country.

2) a new option is added in the highlight section to choose the highlight by MODE missing or MODE ON THIS BAND missing.
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

Daniele,

Thanks VERY much for putting the time and effort into this issue. Would you be so kind and send me any Alfa/Beta release that incorporates any change into this feature so I can test it?

THANKS VERY MUCH!

73 Marvin VE3VEE
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Check your private messages.