UNWORKED MODE ON SPOT BAND is greyed out

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
VE3VEE
Old Man

UNWORKED MODE ON SPOT BAND is greyed out

Post by VE3VEE »

Unworked mode on spot band is greyed out unless Remove wrkd countries and Keep unworked bands are both selected. This doesn't make much sense and it also is not the way the manual described the feature. The feature should work independently of the other above mentioned features.

73 Marvin VE3VEE
VE3VEE
Old Man

Re: UNWORKED MODE ON SPOT BAND is greyed out

Post by VE3VEE »

1.gif
1.gif (77.06 KiB) Viewed 5993 times
The above picture from the user manual shows it is possible to enable Unworked mode on spot band independently without other filters being selected. However, this doesn't work in version 1.22 as seen on my screenshow below where Unworked mode on spot band is greyed out.
0.gif
0.gif (10.04 KiB) Viewed 5993 times
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

those 3 filters works in cascade.
If you set REMOVE WORKED COUNTRIES
you can PARTIALLY override that, by asking Log4OM to KEEP UNWORKED BANDS (in worked countries).

Or

You can PARTIALLY override that, by asking Log4OM to KEEP unworked MODES in the spot bands
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

Daniele,

It seems an earlier version (the one used for the screenshot in the user manual) was able to let users enable/disable Unworked mode on spot band independently of the other two check-boxes. I see no reason why that feature couldn't be made available independently of the two, unless I'm missing/overlooking something. I think users could find it helpful if they could enable/disable Unworked mode on spot band without having to use the other two filters.

73 Marvin VE3VEE
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Yes, but was not working as expected.
I'm trying to explain why this check works in cascade, once again:

The check is applied to FILTERS. Filters are able to EXCLUDE something you're not interested.
Those checks will allow you to "relax" filters.

Exclude COUNTRY will remove WORKED/CONFIRMED countries (according to your visualization settings)
But you could say: hey, keep me the unworked bands even if the country is worked/confirmed... so if a spot is on a confirmed/contacted country but a NEW BAND it will show the contact. If band has been confirmed/worked will be removed.
BUT...
If you remove WORKED BANDS you may miss some unworked MODES... And you may be interested in unworked modes...
The last flag says:

Exclude worked countries, but keep unworked bands. Before excluding worked bands, please check if the mode of the spot is a new one. In that case override the previous setting and keep the spot.
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

Yes, but was not working as expected.
But I think you had a good idea for a good feature, sorry it wasn't working. Perhaps two check-boxes are needed for it to work the way it was originally intended.

- one check-box would toggle the feature just for the highlighting (highlight a never-worked-mode or highlight a new-spot-mode)
- and the other check-box would work in the cascade with the existing other two to toggle display/don't-display the actual spot.

Here's how it could look:
log4om.jpg
log4om.jpg (23.04 KiB) Viewed 5964 times
Do you think it could be done this way? Thanks for your patience with me on this feature :-)

73 Marvin VE3VEE
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

I made another picture. I think when the "Unworked mode on spot band" is above the other three check-boxes, it may better illustrate how the feature would work. The Unworked mode on spot band" feature would not be removing spots from being seen in the cluster, it would simply change which spots would get highlighted as unworked mode: never-worked-mode versus unworked-mode-on-spot-band.
log4om.jpg
log4om.jpg (21.76 KiB) Viewed 5953 times
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

This will require some thoughts, because at this time the statistic structure that holds confirmation data is hierarchical, with country that hosts a couple of bands, and every band hosts a couple of modes
Lele