Windows possitions still not persistant

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
VK7XX
Old Man

Windows possitions still not persistant

Post by VK7XX »

I have just installed the new Log4OM 1.23.0 and it STILL.. yes, STILL, even after reporting this for the last several versions, it STILL does not remember where the older versions window positions were before doing the upgrade. This is VERY annoying.

Once again, PLEASE have upgrades remember where users had their windows laid out on their screens.

thank you
John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re:Windows possitions still not persistant

Post by G4POP »

John,
Lele may not have fixed that but consider the ten important issues he did resolve and the new additions he added in this release, all that while working full time at a very pressurised job and looking after his wife and child, no to mention other family crisis's he has had to cope with!

He developes Log4om freely for the benefit of us all and asks for nothing in return!
73 Terry G4POP
VK7XX
Old Man

Re:Windows possitions still not persistant

Post by VK7XX »

G4POP wrote:John,
Lele may not have fixed that but consider the ten important issues he did resolve and the new additions he added in this release, all that while working full time at a very pressurised job and looking after his wife and child, no to mention other family crisis's he has had to cope with!

He developes Log4om freely for the benefit of us all and asks for nothing in return!
Yes Terry, I do appreciate all his efforts... Absolutely, and the new additions will make the program even better than it already was, which was wayyyy better than any other logging software I have used.

The screen thing is very frustrating for me (dual monitors) probably more so because I have mentioned it on many occasions. And I might have 'talked' a bit too loud in my post so I hope Lele is not offended.

Great Job Lele, keep it up please !!

John
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Windows possitions still not persistant

Post by IW3HMH »

Luckily i don't release so often :)

Well, here is the problem: When i do code obfuscation, forms will be renamed randomly to prevent inopportune code lurkings.
This will actively randomize form names (internal names). Those names are used from functions to keep trace of form positions in the configuration file so, when i release a new version, new internal references (form names) will be different from the one saved with previous version.
The routine that load form positions will not find references anymore, and will "load" a new set of references.

This is also something i'm thinking about because orphaned form positions will stay in your configuration file indefinitely, increasing version by version in number.
This is fully transparent and will not affect performances in any way, but is not "elegant" from a coder view.
If i find a way to fix that i will probably fix the issue itself. The main "drawback" is that this system works "automatically" for all new forms i'm adding. Doing that will require a bit of code on every new form to be correctly recognized.
It's in the to-do list, but i need a couple of coffees and a rainy day of work :)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH