editing a JT-9 contact clears the signal report

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
VK7XX
Old Man

editing a JT-9 contact clears the signal report

Post by VK7XX »

I am not 100% sure if this is the correct forum for this so here comes the log story.

When I am logging JT-9 contacts, sometimes the reports given and/or received, are PLUS values. eg +04. Quite a long time ago I learnt that eQSL would not accept reports with a plus value and I have been logging them simply as 05 (in the example above). Which eQSL does accept. Normal minus value reports still get logged as -05 or whatever.

I have noticed that if I have occasion to edit a contact that contains one (or more) of these 05 type reports, log4om clears the signal report box and if I fail to notice this and save it, my log then has one (or both) of the report boxes empty.

If this is not the correct area to post this, then maybe a suggestion in the features request area to allow JT-9 contacts in particular to keep reports intact that do not have the minus character in front of them.

regards
John
VK7XX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: editing a JT-9 contact clears the signal report

Post by IW3HMH »

Log4OM reads the values provided by the external software. If the software provides ABC instead 05, Log4OM will read and store this data. But if you try to change it, it will fall back to one of the "accepted" values.
Try editing the JT65 report file in the Log4OM settings folder removing the + from entries. This should fix (rename file adding a "_user.csv" extension to keep it between updated
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
VK7XX
Old Man

Re: editing a JT-9 contact clears the signal report

Post by VK7XX »

IW3HMH wrote:Log4OM reads the values provided by the external software. If the software provides ABC instead 05, Log4OM will read and store this data. But if you try to change it, it will fall back to one of the "accepted" values.
Try editing the JT65 report file in the Log4OM settings folder removing the + from entries. This should fix (rename file adding a "_user.csv" extension to keep it between updated
thank you Lele. I have edited the text file ReportlistJt_user.txt and added in entries that are 01 through to 30 (there were no entries with plus + signs, just entries with minus - signs) and restarted log4om. it now works without blanking out my reports :-) :-)

thank you.

John
VK7XX