this is very annoying - 1.25.0.0

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
VK7XX
Old Man

this is very annoying - 1.25.0.0

Post by VK7XX »

for the last 3, or maybe its 4 version releases I have reported that when updating, Log4OM does not remember previous window positions. Personally I find this quite annoying and consider it a bug. I have just installed / upgraded to 1.25.0.0 and once again, previous versions window positions are not remembered... Again, I consider this a bug. I use a 2 monitor setup with log4om and ALL of its windows on the second screen (right hand side) but, after every upgrade, even though I have reported this bug many times, ALL of the log4om screens still open on the left hand monitor. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Lele, can you fix this for the next release !

And now that I have had my whinge, let me state that Danielle does a great job producing this amazing free piece of ham software and with his work load, may not know that I have reported this 'issue' on a number of occasions so, would someone please bring it to his attention.

thankyou for reading

John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: this is very annoying - 1.25.0.0

Post by G4POP »

I think you are confusing two different things

You stated "Log4OM does not remember previous window positions"

This was the original issue which we have resolved, it was that when using two monitors the size and position of displaced windows was not remembered when reopening those windows at a future time.

I have just tested this using my two 24 inch monitors by positioning the cluster, super cluster and worked before window on monitor two and when the program was restarted I reopened these windows and they appeared in exactly in the same place and position as when LOg4OM was closed.

Then I reverted to version 1.24 and checked that the windows remembered their size and position as used in the above method, which they did

I then reinstalled version 1.25 and again the displaced window positions and size were again remembered

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe you would have been more accurate to state 'Displaced windows do not AUTOMATICALLY OPEN in their last used positions'.

Example: You need to manually open the windows on a restart but when you do so the windows then resume their last set position and size as tested above.

If this is what you refer to then this is different to the previously reported issue and will need to be added to Mantis, but not as a bug because that is how the software is designed, this would be an enhancement

This added functionality (Enhancement) would not be implemented until version 2.0 because all future releases of version 1.00 will be bug fixes only because version 1.0 is now on maintenance with no further development pending the release of version 2.00 at some time in the future.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: this is very annoying - 1.25.0.0

Post by IW3HMH »

Log4OM had a trouble saving Windows positions. This error comes because the encrypted form name changed at every release, making old data unavailable after a new version install.
From 1.25 we save form names in unencrypted form, so they will be retained, but only from 1.26 that will be a "fix only" release.

Automatic open of Windows and other features are already on the list for next major release
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH