HRDLOG

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
w9mdb
Old Man

HRDLOG

Post by w9mdb »

I use hrdlog.net and I've noticed a repeating problem for quite a while.
In their weekly report they show grid mismatches.

I get a lot of mismatches that all show grid EM19FA as the bad grid that was entered. Curiously they repeat for certain call signs across days.

6/4/2016 12:43:00 PM KM4UIB 40m JT9 United States United States EM19FA FM04WK Change to FM04WK
6/1/2016 11:09:00 AM KM4UIB 40m JT65 United States United States EM19FA FM04WK Change to FM04WK

If I look at the WSJT-X log is see the correct grid was known FM04
I don't have the JTAlert debug messages so I don't know what JTAlert said.
I just turned up the debugging on Log4OM to SQL TRACE so hopefully that may provide some insight. The default debug level doesn't show grid.
I'm also reporting this apparent bug to hrdlog...I suspect it may be on their end...something like a default value when their grid lookup fails or such.

Anybody else noticed this?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: HRDLOG

Post by G4POP »

w9mdb wrote:I use hrdlog.net and I've noticed a repeating problem for quite a while.
In their weekly report they show grid mismatches.

I get a lot of mismatches that all show grid EM19FA as the bad grid that was entered. Curiously they repeat for certain call signs across days.

6/4/2016 12:43:00 PM KM4UIB 40m JT9 United States United States EM19FA FM04WK Change to FM04WK
6/1/2016 11:09:00 AM KM4UIB 40m JT65 United States United States EM19FA FM04WK Change to FM04WK

If I look at the WSJT-X log is see the correct grid was known FM04
I don't have the JTAlert debug messages so I don't know what JTAlert said.
I just turned up the debugging on Log4OM to SQL TRACE so hopefully that may provide some insight. The default debug level doesn't show grid.
I'm also reporting this apparent bug to hrdlog...I suspect it may be on their end...something like a default value when their grid lookup fails or such.

Anybody else noticed this?

The grid locator that KM4UIB has registered to QRZ is FM04WK so HRDLog is correct in highlighting an error!
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (41.04 KiB) Viewed 6733 times

Typing KM4UIB into Log4OM correctly provides FM04WK as a grid reference.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (28.43 KiB) Viewed 6733 times
My best guess is that JTAlert/WSJT-X is not effecting a proper call lookup and just using a grid square equivalent to the centre of the country (EM19FA)

If Log4OM is presented with a grid locator we assume it to be correct and do not change it so I believe the issue is with JTAlert/WSJT-X
73 Terry G4POP
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

I traced this down by monitoring the network traffic going to hrdlog.net
Log4OM is sending the correct grid. HRDLOG is somehow sticking in this EM19FA for some odd reason. I've reported the problem to them.
Mike
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: HRDLOG - Grid Square changes

Post by KI5IO »

I made a number of FT8 contacts over the past few days and the grid locator saved in WSJT-X and JTAlert is correct as is the locator in Log4OM for each respective contact.

However ... I got a long list of all those same contacts needing to have their grid square corrected.

HRDLog defaulted all of them to EM19FA ... effectively the center of the USA.

I'll be sending HRDLog a message about this as it apparently is still an issue or (at least) has come back to life.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Just got another e-mail update from HRDLog.net and ... yet AGAIN ... they have changed all the grid codes to the center of the USA. The e-mail advising me to update each/every one of the Q's to the proper grid square.

Again ... they are all properly ID'd in WSJT-X, JTAlert and Log4OM. Yet HRDLog is (apparently) doing something to the incoming Q information and putting the geographical center of the USA for all of them.

I've sent a trouble ticket to HRDLog.net and have not heard a peep from anyone.

My next step is to simply turn OFF HRDLog.net from within Log4OM.

This really does not set well with me at the present time.

If I've done something wrong I'd love to know to correct, but HRDLog.net is not helping and I know that venting on the Log4OM forum is not the proper place ... BUT!!!

I don't have any other options that I can see for now.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I suspect Claudio is like most Italians on holiday because he normally responds immediately

Tomorrow I will see if I can reach him on Skype and let you know what happens
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I was contacted by Claudio.
Please make this "test" on next activity:

set Log4OM in DEBUG MODE, save an incoming QSO of any kind and check the log. The string sent to HRDLOG, if i remember correctly, is saved when working in DEBUG MODE (better if you set TRACE MODE, but debug may become verbose)

I need the string sent to HRDLOG, and stored in the program log, to be used as check with Claudio of HRDLOG

Thanks
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH