Can't log QSO with different Freq than given by CAT

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
KA4CDN
Old Man

Can't log QSO with different Freq than given by CAT

Post by KA4CDN »

I have rig CAT control working (using HAMLIB). Rig freq is displayed upper right corner of Log4OM and in the Band/Freq inputs on F1.

I need to make some entries from my field paper log. I type the info in including a Freq. that is different than the one being reported from my rig. I can not set the Band correctly and so can not log.

I open CAT Management, and close the rig connection and try again. Now the correct band is set when I enter the freq. however, when I go to log, I get a pop up warning "Band and Frequency mismatch. Continue?" I say continue and then view the entry. It has logged the band I selected but the frequency is not the one I entered. It is the one from when the rig was still being talked to.

Version is 1.27.0.0

How do I over come this problem?

Thanks, Mike / KA4CDN
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Can't log QSO with different Freq than given by CAT

Post by G4POP »

Not a problem if you click on 'Suspend CAT reading' in Settings
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (43.86 KiB) Viewed 5217 times
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

That´s the way i do too and it works perfect ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

It does indeed work and perfectly at that (although I can not select a band, it does it automagically). Thank you!

I would note that closing CAT should be sufficient as well but was not (wrong frequency logged, not the one I entered)? (With the CAT Management Close button clicked, I can enter both the freq and the band). Something maybe not consistent.

Mike / KA4CDN
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KA4CDN wrote:I would note that closing CAT should be sufficient as well but was not (wrong frequency logged, not the one I entered)? (With the CAT Management Close button clicked,

It was designed this way because of the need to automatically reconnect in the event of a lost connection
73 Terry G4POP