Problem with DXCC CW credits in MySQL

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Problem with DXCC CW credits in MySQL

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi all,

At home I am using a MySQL database, so I can access my log from both the computer in the shack and the main computer in my office. This really works fine and is an important feature for me. I recently updated all QSOs to match their status in LotW. For this I went into Statistics - AWARDS to update all band and mode slots with granted credits in LotW. This worked fine for all modes and bands except for CW. The DXCC status in the DXCC CW windows remained empty, although if I selected a QSO for "credit submitted", the correct flags were set in this QSO (but nothing showed up in the DXCC CW window.

Strangely enough, this works fine if you install Log4OM using SQLLite. This only seems to be an issue using MyQSL.

Any suggestions?

Claus, OE6CLD/EI7JZ
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Problem with DXCC CW credits in MySQL

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Claus, it's a very strange behaviour because database structure should be indipendent from program logics.
Can you send me your ADIF log via pvt mail at iw3hmh (at) pisto . it

Thanks
Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Daniele,

I did some further tests. Everything was working fine using SQLite (on a laptop). Today I completely uninstalled MySQL (v.5.6.11) and installed everything from scratch. I downloaded the latest version of MySQL from the Oracle website (5.6.13.1) and fully installed this version. I then set up everything new using Log4OM 1.15. Creation of the schema was correct and I was able to connect to my MySQL server without problems.

I next imported my ADIF file and again, everything was correct except the CW tab in Statistics and Awards. Interestingly enough, the numbers on the left side are correct, but nothing is shown in the window, the call, QSO, QSO status, and LOTW fields are empty. All other awards are correct.

So with a correct counting and the correct information in the QSO itself this must be something different.

By the way, the new version 1.15 still does not remember the last selected award (it stills resets to DXCC 160m) and the current position in the window. When I change something further down, it always resets to the beginning of the list (Afghanistan).

Claus, EI7JZ/OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Rgr Claus we're checking the issue.
Thanks for details. Did you see any error in the program log?
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH