LOTW password problem

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
w9mdb
Old Man

LOTW password problem

Post by w9mdb »

I helped out another OM and found that Log4OM was not handling his LOTW password correctly.
He had a special char in his password and Log4OM was not escaping the characters correctly so it was rejecting his login.
He was logging into LOTW on another program and via the web browser succesfully....only Log4OM was failing.
Changing his password to one that had no special chars then fixed the problem for Log4OM.

Also...no error appeared at all...I would expect an error to show up if the login fails.

de Mike W9MDB
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOTW password problem

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Mike,

that´s a known problem ...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2817
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2542

Think it would be a nice idea that Terry inserting a NOTE in the Log4OM helpfile on page 16
that there is a problem with special characters in the LotW password.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The API download is handled differently to the on line browser facility by LOTW this is why the special characters were not an issue with the browser.

Yes it's a known issue which I thought Lele had fixed in 1.28 what version was your friend using?
73 Terry G4POP
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

Turns out he was using 1.25. I had assume he had the latest...
I just tested 1.28 and it does behave properly with special chars in the LOTW password.
ly4z
New user

Post by ly4z »

Same problem here:

problem with LOTW password witch consist capital letters and special symbols (usually generated by LOTW).
To fix that, you need to change password at LOTW site to numbers and lower case letters.

This problem causes some troubles, at least should be added as short note to manual.

Thanks