Stats and Awards .csv export has missing records

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
g4pdf
Novice Class

Stats and Awards .csv export has missing records

Post by g4pdf »

Heeding the warning about inappropriate posting within 'Error reports', I wish to report that I have noticed that there are some records missing from .csv export file compared to those shown see in the Statistics and awards pane for custom awards.

Are there some known limitations on the generation of the .csv records that I could be falling foul of?
The way I use the QSO Awards field means that a single log entry could have (say) 8-9 'QSO Awards' applicable, for instance, is this likely to be a reason?
Missing csv records (compared to those shown on screen) are also seen when exporting my Admiralty-listed Navigation aids (NATS) USR. These records use a 4-digit reference number sometimes with a decimal suffix (nnnn.nn for adjacent located lights) and I suspect that might be why; the behaviour seems inconsistent and I can't detect any trend. I haven't tried fettling the USR record format (trial and error) as I don't know the limitations regarding the production of the .csv file.

PS. This is not a problem manifested in MS-Excel .csv 'text import' as I have also viewed the output .csv file with WordPad and/or Notepad, to confirm missing records.
Whilst not solving a problem, perhaps In a future release, a records count in (displayed), and exported (out) in the 'select award' sidebar would be worth the programmatic effort for data integrity purposes?
73, de Bob G4PDF
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Stats and Awards .csv export has missing records

Post by G4POP »

Please email me an ADIF of your logbook so that I can check what is going wrong
73 Terry G4POP
g4pdf
Novice Class

Post by g4pdf »

Thanks Terry, I have send you files off-forum to your QRZ-linked address.
Many thanks.
73, de Bob G4PDF
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I can confirm that there is a bug in the CSV export from certain special awards and I have asked Lele to check this out

Thread now being moved to error reports section
73 Terry G4POP