incomplete adi backup

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
sp8bai
Novice Class

incomplete adi backup

Post by sp8bai »

Hi,
I have a problem with the backup. So far I've used the 1.32 version of the program. After the release of the new 1.33 version, I made a backup in 1.32 in the adif format and after loading the new program, it turned out that this adi backup is completely missing the mode in which I logged communications, i.e. CW and SSB. All my communication logs have been erroneously placed in the digi mode. I have never worked in this mode. Several thousand QSOs have been lost because of this. I am asking for information on how to run backups so that they do contain all of the information that I put in. I will be grateful for your help, the more that an even newer version of program 1.32.1 has appeared. I'm afraid that I will lose my logs again. I’m very much looking froward to your reply.
My equipment: notebook Dell Latitude E7440 and Windows 10 PRO. The programme LOG4OM I installed as the administrator.
Jacek SP8BAI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: incomplete adi backup

Post by G4POP »

Do as follows:

Firstly look for your original ?????.SQLITE file and open it in Log4OM File/Open if this does not correct things then

1. Install to 'RUN AS AN ADMINISTRATOR' version 1.33.1 of Log4OM
2. Create a new database - File/New database
3. Locate your Log4OM backup files probably at C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM\Backup
4. Import an older backup and check the mode is corrected OK
73 Terry G4POP
sp8bai
Novice Class

Post by sp8bai »

unfortunately, in the backup file there is no information about the mode in which I wrote qso.
I still have this problem. Now, after losing several thousand QSO, Irestore them with QSL cards, heavy and Sisyphean work.
I attach the backup file, please show me where is the information about the mode?
Best regards
Jacek SP8BAI
20180714162217_SP8BAI.zip
(57.92 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Jacek wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 07:02 unfortunately, in the backup file there is no information about the mode in which I wrote qso.
I still have this problem. Now, after losing several thousand QSO, Irestore them with QSL cards, heavy and Sisyphean work.
I attach the backup file, please show me where is the information about the mode?
Best regards
Jacek SP8BAI
20180714162217_SP8BAI.zip
The adif file contains about 700++ QSO's were they all generated by WSJT/JTAlert

I checked my last backup ADIF file and there are modes recorded for every QSO, see below

Untitled-(FILEminimizer).jpg
Untitled-(FILEminimizer).jpg (163.9 KiB) Viewed 5843 times
73 Terry G4POP
sp8bai
Novice Class

Post by sp8bai »

I have never used programs to QSO in digital mode and wjst-x is by. wikipedia:
"WSJT is a computer program for radio-signal communication between amateur radio operators. The program is written by Joe Taylor, K1JT, but is now open source. make it considerably easier for amateur radio operators, such as high speed meteor scatter and moonbounce. "
I have marked the check box for the hidden file, and unfortunately there is no wsjt-x anywhere.
I enter my QSO from received qsl cards, and when I close the program, backup is automatically executed, and qso mode is not present in it.
If I work in a contest, then such backup in the adi format is not accepting.
73 de Jacek SP8BAI
ps. I do not know what to do to make it work well, maybe in the log4om program I have to select any checkbox?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Ah now we are getting somewhere!

Do I understand correctly

1. You are entering qso's manually for historic information from a Qsl card
2. You do not have a radio connected to the computer supplying radio data like freq, band mode by CAT control?
73 Terry G4POP
sp8bai
Novice Class

Post by sp8bai »

so I manually enter all QSOs from QSL cards.
I have already registered (logging)1800 QSOs, I still have around 8,000 QSOs left. I do not know whether to continue to do it, is it worth it?
By manually writing QSO to the log, of course, I enter all the information about the QSO, also mode, ie CW or SSB.
At the moment I do not have a connected TS590S, because I do not do QSO until I write in all QSOs. Usually, I works with a connected transceiver via CAT, and after all, there are no entries for CW or SSB in the backup.
Jacek
ps. I apologize for my English, but I try as much as I can :-)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Jacek wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 14:13I manually enter all QSOs from QSL cards. By manually writing QSO to the log, of course, I enter all the information about the QSO, also mode, ie CW or SSB.

When you enter the QSO manually with correct mode information and 'ADD' the QSO do you see the QSO does it appear in the recent QSO (F8) window with the correct mode?

At the moment I do not have a connected TS590S, because I do not do QSO until I write in all QSOs. Usually, I works with a connected transceiver via CAT
When entering qso's without a radio connected for cat you should select 'Suspend CAT reading' in the settings menu

I have just entered 3 QSO's without a CAT connection and they are displayed with correct mode in the Recent QSO window and the backup file generated when the program is closed included the correct mode - See below

Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (92.96 KiB) Viewed 5795 times
73 Terry G4POP
sp8bai
Novice Class

Post by sp8bai »

G4POP write:
"When you enter the QSO manually with correct mode information and 'ADD' the QSO do you see the QSO does it appear in the recent QSO (F8) window with the correct mode?"

Yes, after manually entering QSO from QSL cards, all information is included in the log, i.e. CW and SSB

today I connected the transceiver via CAT and I made QSO from the station from Ireland, also all essential detail is in the log. After taking the backup, there is still no information about the mode of operation in QSO, i.e. there is no CW, SSB FM etc.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please explain in detail how you take the backup - step by step with log4om window names and menu choices
73 Terry G4POP