FT4 verification with LOTW

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
K7SR
Novice Class

FT4 verification with LOTW

Post by K7SR »

After updating Log4OM, TrustedQSL, WSJT-X, and JTAlert to the latest versions I have verified that LOTW is handling the FT4 logging correctly after receiving the information from Log4OM. However, when I download the LOTW info using Log4OM "QSL Management" it still shows the all of FT4 contacts unverified. Even those shown as verified on LOTW.

Any thoughts.

Mike, K7SR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: FT4 verification with LOTW

Post by G4POP »

Did you check the LOTW ADIF to see if they are marked verified in the LOTW source file?
73 Terry G4POP
K7SR
Novice Class

Post by K7SR »

Terry

Sorry to be so long in getting back. Other activities got in the way.

Further investigation has revealed that when download is executed using Log4OM QSL Management, the resultant donwload text has MFSK8 instead of FT4. As I stated in the first message, LOTW shows it as FT4. This sounds like either a LOTW or a Trusted QSL problem. I am not sure where to go next.

Mike Fager, K7SR
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

K7SR wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 17:30 Terry

Further investigation has revealed that when download is executed using Log4OM QSL Management, the resultant donwload text has MFSK8 instead of FT4. As I stated in the first message, LOTW shows it as FT4. This sounds like either a LOTW or a Trusted QSL problem. I am not sure where to go next.

Mike Fager, K7SR

Hi Mike,

Check your Modelist.csv file. Its likely out of date. Open up your configuration folder (Help/Open Configuration Folder), find your modelist.csv file. Open this file in Notepad. Check for the line which has FT4 in it. That line should read FT4;FT4;MFSK;FT4 If it does not, edit that line as indicated, then save the file. Now restart Log4OM and try your LotW download again, changing the 'QSL Rcvd since' date to a date prior to your first FT4 QSO.

Let us know if that worked. It did for me.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

W7DRM wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 22:07
K7SR wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 17:30 Terry

Mike Fager, K7SR

Hi Mike,

Check your Modelist.csv file. Its likely out of date. Open up your configuration folder (Help/Open Configuration Folder), find your modelist.csv file. Open this file in Notepad. Check for the line which has FT4 in it. That line should read FT4;FT4;MFSK;FT4 If it does not, edit that line as indicated, then save the file. Now restart Log4OM and try your LotW download again, changing the 'QSL Rcvd since' date to a date prior to your first FT4 QSO.

Let us know if that worked. It did for me.

Doug - W7DRM
Should have automatically updated if the latest version 1.38 of Log4OM was installed
73 Terry G4POP
K7SR
Novice Class

Post by K7SR »

Terry, Doug

Modelist.csv was correct.

I have sent a help email to ARRL. Will post results.

Thanks

Mike Fager, K7SR
K7SR
Novice Class

Post by K7SR »

Terry, Doug

In looking further I noted that my copy of modelist.csv is dated 6/15/2019. While searching further I found that in Roaming/LogOM/Backup there are zip files for each backup that has a file named Modelist_user.csv. The latest of these has a date of 7/30/2019. These csv files do not have anything for FT4. Is this the problem??

The answer back from ARRL was it must be a Log4OM problem.

Mike Fager, K7SR
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Try this one. Can´t test at the moment but normally it should work.

Make shure that the latest TQSL config file (v11.8) is downloaded via TQSL Software/Help/Check for updates ...

modelist.csv
(2.18 KiB) Downloaded 548 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
K7SR
Novice Class

Post by K7SR »

I verified that the config file was 11.8 and then replaced the modelist.csv with the new one in the LogOM directory. The results were the same.

I then modified the Modelist_user.csv file in the LogOM directory to look like the Modelist.csv file and tried it again. IT WORKED!!!

The question is: why is my installation using Modelist_user instead of Modelist??? The date on Modelist_user before I modified it was 1/6/2019. Also it contains a JS8 mode, and that was about the time I started using JS8.

Mike Fager, K7SR
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Mike,

that´s the thing we say all the time. If there is a xxx_user.csv it will be override the normal xxx_csv. That´s
the reason that i not longer use xxx_user.csv files. If there´s an Log4OM update with new files the xxx_user
will not be deleted and the new official csv can´t work.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.