Corrupted database

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
G3ZSS
Old Man

Corrupted database

Post by G3ZSS »

Ever since upgrading to the latest version, I have twice had a database corruption failure. Luckily I can build a new database by importing the backup ADIF file, but I am very concerned by these database failures. Attached is my log file. Peter G3ZSS
73 Peter G3ZSS
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Corrupted database

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Peter, i've deleted your log attachment after downloading it. Please don't attach on the forum because it can contains some of your personal informations.
This is really a strange behaviour, i never experienced this before. I'm doing a full search on the error reported.

Where is this file saved? The file is saved in a google drive folder or similar?
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G3ZSS
Old Man

Post by G3ZSS »

Thanks Lele. The file is saved in a folder on my PC, with automatic replication on my Network Server. I did check the log file first to make sure it did not contain any passwords! If it helps, I can email you directly a copy of the SQLite file. 73 Peter
73 Peter G3ZSS
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I think probably the issue is related to something that locks the file before it's closed by Log4OM (software will open database on demand and closes it every time). It's possible for you to save the logfile in another folder AND set backup files on your network replicated folder?

I need to understand if this issue is related to something your O.S. is doing on the file preventing Log4OM writing on it.

I'm about to change the logfile deletion policy to keep errors in some way between subsequent program starts. This could help too...

Let me know if it's possible to do this for some days and if the issue happens again.

Thanks in advance
Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

I had a user that also wound up with a corrupted log. Not sure if was something he did or if the program did something to corrupt it.

I had to help him reinstall his logbook and didn't think to alert anyone.

I note this just as a possibility as now another user has had a similar issue.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"