Double-clicking on cluster listings clears the browser

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
N5INP
Old Man

Double-clicking on cluster listings clears the browser

Post by N5INP »

I checked this several times yesterday and today but can find no reason for this phenomenon or anything I'm doing wrong.

A. I pull up qrz.com in the Log4OM integrated browser window.
B. I double click on a cluster listing in the floating cluster listing window to tune my radio to the listing freq.
C. This action completely clears the open website in the integrated browser window - even the http link in the browser .
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Double-clicking on cluster listings clears the browser

Post by IW3HMH »

Yes, this is set in the software, when you change the actual callsign, the browser will "prepare" itself for a new search.
Did you think it's annoying? other opinions?
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

IW3HMH wrote:Yes, this is set in the software, when you change the actual callsign, the browser will "prepare" itself for a new search.
Did you think it's annoying? other opinions?
It seems annoying because I want QRZ.com to stay there so I can look at the QSLing instructions for some of the DX contacts. Perhaps your design approach is OK if I understood it better. Why did you design it to "prepare" for a new search?

Thanks.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

because showing informations from another call (previous lookup) can be confusing. When you see a call in the call field, the browser is cleaned to avoid mistakes. But it's a single row of code to remove, to prevent this :)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

Well personally, I'd prefer it not be cleared out, but that's just me. Any one user could be using the browser to look at any web site, not just qrz.com, so clearing it out wouldn't make any sense if I had dxmaps.com or something like that in the browser.

Perhaps it's another option to add for the user, but I'm aware of the need to avoid "feature-itis" so new users are not overwhelmed with complexity. In any case I'm certainly not going to change programs just because of that. 8-)