Missing comma in SOTA CSV export

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
VE2DDZ
Novice Class

Missing comma in SOTA CSV export

Post by VE2DDZ »

Hi,

I just used the new SOTA CSV export feature and it worked well for me, however I noticed what I think is a bug. The last three fields exported in the v2 SOTA CSV format are
CALLSIGN, SOTA_REF, COMMENT
1. Currently when both SOTA_REF and COMMENT are blank Log4OM exports the line ...., CALLSIGN - no problem

When COMMENT is blank Log4OM exports the line ...., CALLSIGN, SOTA_REF - no problem

When SOTA_REF is blank, but COMMENT is not (for example for an activation), Log4OM exports the line ... , CALLSIGN, COMMENT - which is misinterpreted when uploading to the SOTA database site. The export should be ... , CALLSIGN,,COMMENT to be correctly interpreted by the SOTA database upload.

2. The second item I have is not a bug. For the final field of the upload, currently exported as the ADIF COMMENT field, I wonder if QSL_MESSAGE or NOTE might be more suitable, since once in the SOTA database it can be read by anyone. Since different operators use COMMENT/QSL_MESSAGE/NOTE for different purposes perhaps if it was user configurable might be nice.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Missing comma in SOTA CSV export

Post by G4POP »

That's strange because VK1DI Ian tested this and found it worked fine, I will have another check on it
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Missing comma in SOTA CSV export

Post by IW3HMH »

Issue found and fixed.
Thanks for reporting.
We will evaluate if release an updated DLL without need to wait for next release
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH