wrong beaming information

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
ik2egl
Old Man

wrong beaming information

Post by ik2egl »

In the attached screenshot you see that 7p8yy is correcly recognized as lesotho country but the beaming is on US (330) instead of 162 (for my qth)

I am using qrz.com and the address of 7p8yy is k5yy

7P8YY Lesotho flag Lesotho
San Hutson K5YY
POB 6366
Springdale, AR 72766
USA

it seems the beaming is calculated on addresss info not on country and in this case the info is wrong
Attachments
beaming.jpg
beaming.jpg (149.72 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
73 de Don IK2EGL
K7PT
Old Man

Re: wrong beaming information

Post by K7PT »

This is due to the fact that K5YY has the detail information for 7P8YY set to his home address in AR on QRZ. This is another example of incorrect data posted by the QRZ user.

If Log4OM used the country in this case Lesotho, the beam heading would be to be the center of the country. In the case of large countries, this also presents a problem. :roll:

Log4OM cannot do anything about bad data in QRZ.

The bottom line is, this is not a problem in Log4OM.

Chuck-K7PT
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
ik2egl
Old Man

Post by ik2egl »

Fine tnx fer info
in fact I did other test o the same country and all beaming info were fine and I confirm that qrz info is not correct and created the issue when automatically for beaming

****** Helpful and resolved the issue
73 de Don IK2EGL
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

K7PT wrote: <in part said>
Log4OM cannot do anything about bad data in QRZ.

Chuck-K7PT
Exactly. I have reported to QRZ many many times incorrect information in their database re IOTA listings. This is especially frequent for USA stns living on costal areas. Mister QRZ has eailed me back and claims that his system does not automatically put the IOTA information in a listing, but this is an outright untruth. I can say this because I have emailed around 50 USA stns asking them if their IOTA info is correct Only 2 or 3 have said, "sorry, I was there and forgot to change it" the others, every one of them, have stated "I have never put IOTA info on my page" and others still have said "I have never changed my page from what QRZ put there"...

Anyway, enough ranting.... IOTA collectors, be aware that QRZ info is not always correct.

John
ik2egl
Old Man

Post by ik2egl »

I checked the forum and I see that from time to time the user (like me) ask for details

on page 37 the process is clear (tnx Terry) and we see that the possible errors are in the external source HAMQTH or QRZ data.

Can I suggest Terry to include this in the manual ?

tnx
73 de Don IK2EGL