SOTA Bug suspect

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
KA3RCS
Novice Class

Re: SOTA Bug suspect

Post by KA3RCS »

G4POP wrote:Andy at the SOTA MT made it quiet clear that he does not want any external software accessing the data so the answer is unfortunately no, same applies to the SOTA cluster!
I did not realize that, no problem. I know they are in the process of doing some upgrades; perhaps they will add such capabilities in the future.

As far as the cluster, I did find the discussion about the beta SOTA telnet cluster, and started to look into it. However, someone made the very valid point that there are typically far more spots on the regular cluster, so SOTA spots would likely disappear quickly. That, combined with the utility of also seeing the latest alerts and reflector topics, makes the SOTAwatch2 site a better option at this point anyway. Guess we need a second monitor on the PC at our radio club site!

G4POP wrote:You could have a point about the MySQL database, perhaps you would be kind enough to export an ADIF and then create an SQLite database to import the ADIF into, and let me know the result.

I would try MySQL myself but I am up to my neck with things outside Log4om just now
I was going to try the portable version of Log4OM anyway, so this was quite easy without changing my existing configuration. Interestingly, it works as expected right from the start! That is assuming, of course, that it is not caused by some other configuration setting which I may have changed, and that the normal and portable versions work identically...

---73 Karl KA3RCS
Last edited by KA3RCS on 20 Aug 2014, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

and that the normal and portable versions work identically...
Yes they do so it looks like this problem is Mysql related, I will ask Daniele to check this out.

Thanks for your help
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

hb9cat wrote:I'm entering a QSO with SV2OXS, a normal "home" station: his SOTA reference field gets automatically populated with Mount Athos, SV/AA-001; even changes the SOTA reference doesn't get stored, it sticks to Mt. Athos.

I'm on a MySQL DB.
Marco HB9CAT
Found and fixed. Was an issue on the user control made to manage this.
When only one reference was found, the reference itself was selected for user convenience.
First reference for Greece is Mount Athos Group, that has only one reference in list.

Now pre-filling is only made when something on search filter is set.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KA3RCS
Novice Class

Post by KA3RCS »

G4POP wrote:Andy at the SOTA MT made it quiet clear that he does not want any external software accessing the data so the answer is unfortunately no, same applies to the SOTA cluster!
I recently found a client program which connects to the RSS feed from SOTAwatch (SOTA Spot Monitor). I also found reflector posts regarding use of this feed with various web browser plugins and such. Perhaps it would be possible, as well as acceptable, to use this feed in Log4OM. It would be really cool if SOTA spots showed up in a separate area on the screen, so as not to be drowned out by regular cluster spots.

If not, no problem, as SOTA Spot Monitor can run minimized, and play an audio alert when a spot is received.
---73 Karl KA3RCS
SQ6GIT
New user

Post by SQ6GIT »

Hi, I also experienced the same issue (my Log4OM version is 1.17.1.0) - when I log a Greek station it automatically sets up SV/AA-001 even though it is a chaser without any SOTA ref.

So - I am a bit unclear reading this thread, what is the remedy?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please upgrade to the latest version of Log4OM which is now 1.26 because the version that you are using is very out of date (About 2 years old I think!).

When you have upgraded Log4OM please also update the SOTA database files from our settings menu
73 Terry G4POP