SOTA Bug suspect

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
hb9cat
Advanced Class

SOTA Bug suspect

Post by hb9cat »

I'm entering a QSO with SV2OXS, a normal "home" station: his SOTA reference field gets automatically populated with Mount Athos, SV/AA-001; even changes the SOTA reference doesn't get stored, it sticks to Mt. Athos.

I'm on a MySQL DB.

Marco HB9CAT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: SOTA Bug suspect

Post by G4POP »

Marco,
Not sure what is happening at your end but I just tried this and it all works correctly - see screen shots below.

Are you following the procedure shown in my video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50rSGKnxnuA

Did you update all of the databases like Country file, SCL and the SOTA summitlist.csv?
Attachments
SOTA association and reference selected
SOTA association and reference selected
Capture.JPG (59.07 KiB) Viewed 8596 times
QSO added to logbook including the SOTA ref.
QSO added to logbook including the SOTA ref.
Capture2.JPG (27.55 KiB) Viewed 8596 times
73 Terry G4POP
KA3RCS
Novice Class

Post by KA3RCS »

Hello,

I just ran into this same apparent bug. I have several contacts with normal home stations in Greece (both SV3 calls) which did exactly the same thing. I never selected a SOTA reference for either contact, but each one (at a different time within the last few days) ended up with the SOTA reference field set to SV/AA-001, Mt. Athos. The first time it happened, I deleted the contact, then created an ADIF file with just that contact, removed the SOTA field, and re-imported it. The second time (just a few minutes ago), I deleted the reference from the MySQL database directly. I had to do this as I could find no way in Log4OM itself to remove a SOTA reference once one is selected.

I ran into this issue while trying to look at my SOTA statistics, which so far do not show up. I followed what I believe are all necessary steps, but I get a blank list, and it says I worked 0 of the 64162 summits. However, if I select Export --> Current Data, the Show QSL window pops up and displays all of my SOTA contacts. I noticed the SV issue as the resulting list contained one more contact than I knew I had made.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

---73 Karl KA3RCS
Last edited by KA3RCS on 20 Aug 2014, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KA3RCS wrote:I just ran into this same apparent bug. I have several contacts with normal home stations in Greece (both SV3 calls) which did exactly the same thing. I never selected a SOTA reference for either contact, but each one (at a different time within the last few days) ended up with the SOTA reference field set to SV/AA-001, Mt. Athos.
OK I can see what is happening the SOTA "Region' field is not defaulting to the top and empty region - Click the region drop down at the top of the list is an empty entry. For now please select the empty entry when logging Greece.

I will add this to our mantis list
I deleted the contact, then created an ADIF file with just that contact, removed the SOTA field, and re-imported it. The second time (just a few minutes ago), I deleted the reference from the MySQL database directly. I had to do this as I could find no way in Log4OM itself to remove a SOTA reference once one is selected.
That is the hard way, this is the easy way

1. Go to the QSO archive manager and check the "enable update" box
2. Search/select the QSO's with unwanted data in a field (In this case the SOTA Ref field)
3. Click the "Field update" button
4. Select the required field (In this case the SOTA Ref field)
5. Check the "Clear field" box
6. Click "Update"

Alternatively to change the contents of the field do not do step 5 instead enter the required value in the "Value" box
while trying to look at my SOTA statistics, which so far do not show up. I followed what I believe are all necessary steps, but I get a blank list, and it says I worked 0 of the 64162 summits. However, if I select Export --> Current Data, the Show QSL window pops up and displays all of my SOTA contacts. I noticed the SV issue as the resulting list contained one more contact than I knew I had made.
I think you must have missed a step because it works fine for me.

1. Select the "Award type" from the drop down list - Perhaps Mixed or CW etc
2. Select the countries that you want to display or if you want to display the results for all countries click the green + (Plus sign) above the country list to automatically check all country boxes
3. Select Chaser, Activator or S2S
4. Set a date range if required - Leave blank (Empty) for all
5. Click the "View" button

Now the results should be shown in the matrix

If you still have an issue send me your SQLite database or a full ADIF export by email
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Checking. Thanks for reporting.
lele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KA3RCS
Novice Class

Post by KA3RCS »

G4POP wrote:OK I can see what is happening the SOTA "Region' field is not defaulting to the top and empty region - Click the region drop down at the top of the list is an empty entry. For now please select the empty entry when logging Greece.

I will add this to our mantis list
That appears to work, thanks.

BTW, I just experienced the same issue while editing a contact with a 9H5 station, so it appears to affect more than Greece. After editing several unrelated fields and saving it, the previously empty SOTA reference field became populated. I can see this readily now as I have configured the program to display the SOTA reference field for all contacts.

G4POP wrote:
I deleted the contact, then created an ADIF file with just that contact, removed the SOTA field, and re-imported it. The second time (just a few minutes ago), I deleted the reference from the MySQL database directly. I had to do this as I could find no way in Log4OM itself to remove a SOTA reference once one is selected.
That is the hard way, this is the easy way

1. Go to the QSO archive manager and check the "enable update" box
2. Search/select the QSO's with unwanted data in a field (In this case the SOTA Ref field)
3. Click the "Field update" button
4. Select the required field (In this case the SOTA Ref field)
5. Check the "Clear field" box
6. Click "Update"

Alternatively to change the contents of the field do not do step 5 instead enter the required value in the "Value" box
I had tried this previously, but it did not appear to work. It turns out that this operation does not result in a refresh, unlike Update QSO --> Save And Exit. Once I tried this and subsequently performed another operation to force a refresh, I could see that the change had been made.

G4POP wrote:I think you must have missed a step because it works fine for me.

1. Select the "Award type" from the drop down list - Perhaps Mixed or CW etc
2. Select the countries that you want to display or if you want to display the results for all countries click the green + (Plus sign) above the country list to automatically check all country boxes
3. Select Chaser, Activator or S2S
4. Set a date range if required - Leave blank (Empty) for all
5. Click the "View" button

Now the results should be shown in the matrix

If you still have an issue send me your SQLite database or a full ADIF export by email
Those are the same steps which I had tried multiple times; I still get an empty result screen, though the contacts show up in the export popup. If I still have the same results after I finish cleaning up my log, I will send you the file.

I may as well ask what criteria/fields are used to determine which records should be shown. I assume that the presence of a populated SOTA reference field is all that is required. Does it depend on any of the QSL fields by any chance? I have not populated any of them, though I see that they are shown in the export popup.

Thanks,

---73 Karl KA3RCS
Last edited by KA3RCS on 20 Aug 2014, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I may as well ask what criteria/fields are used to determine which records should be shown. I assume that the presence of a populated SOTA reference field is all that is required. Does it depend on any of the QSL fields by any chance? I have not populated any of them, though I see that they are shown in the export popup.
The SOTA display and therefore the list displayed for SOTA export are the result of a valid SOTA reference being present in the SOTA field - plus of course the normal QSO data like call, date, time, band, mode but not QSL status

The operative word being valid!, so make sure the SOTA reference is in the correct format if you are entering it manually eg G/SE-015

If you are selecting the reference from the drop down list the reference will be in the correct format

Also regardless of what the SOTA MT sarcastically say their Summitlist.csv does get updated from time to time so it pays to download the latest version from time to time!
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Also did you watch the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z77YGhWCtnc
73 Terry G4POP
KA3RCS
Novice Class

Post by KA3RCS »

G4POP wrote:The SOTA display and therefore the list displayed for SOTA export are the result of a valid SOTA reference being present in the SOTA field - plus of course the normal QSO data like call, date, time, band, mode but not QSL status
That is what I expected, and would also line up with their being shown in the export popup.

G4POP wrote:The operative word being valid!, so make sure the SOTA reference is in the correct format if you are entering it manually eg G/SE-015

If you are selecting the reference from the drop down list the reference will be in the correct format
I did select them from the drop down list, and they are correct...

G4POP wrote:Also regardless of what the SOTA MT sarcastically say their Summitlist.csv does get updated from time to time so it pays to download the latest version from time to time!
Good point; I had forgotten about your post a few months ago on the SOTA reflector regarding updating that file. Of course, I was not yet using this program at that point, so I hadn't really committed it to memory.

It would be handy to have provisions in the program to download that file from the menu (like IOTA, etc.), even if only manually with no automatic check. Of course, as a programmer myself, it's pretty trivial to download a file... ;)

In any case, I have now loaded the very latest version of that file, and the results are still identical.

Your message regarding the video just came in while I was composing this. I watched it (as well as part 1), very cool! Of course, it shows the same steps working for you which did not work for me, which is quite interesting. The only thing which comes to mind which is out of the ordinary on my setup is that I am using a MySQL database on a remote server, rather than a local SQLite database. Of course, I would not expect this to make a difference...

---73 Karl KA3RCS
Last edited by KA3RCS on 20 Aug 2014, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

It would be handy to have provisions in the program to download that file from the menu (like IOTA, etc.), even if only manually with no automatic check. Of course, as a programmer myself, it's pretty trivial to download a file...
Andy at the SOTA MT made it quiet clear that he does not want any external software accessing the data so the answer is unfortunately no, same applies to the SOTA cluster!

You could have a point about the MySQL database, perhaps you would be kind enough to export an ADIF and then create an SQLite database to import the ADIF into, and let me know the result.

I would try MySQL myself but I am up to my neck with things outside Log4om just now
73 Terry G4POP