Running LOG4OM w/SDR-Console

General discussions about Log4OM features
KF5WXP
Novice Class

Running LOG4OM w/SDR-Console

Post by KF5WXP »

I'm looking into running SDR-Console with a dongle/up-converter to use as a pan-adapter for my FTDX-3000. The program uses Omni-rig to allow you to point and click on signals seen on the screen and instantly change the rig's frequency to correspond. What I am wondering is, can I run SDR-Console at the same time I run LOG4OM, both via Omni-rig? I suspect things would get confused. Would it be possible to run Omni-Rig with SDR-Console, and set it to "rig 1", and run LOG4OM, use Omni-rig, and set it to "rig 2"? Does that even make sense? :lol: I'm hoping someone else has tried this and can offer advice.

And sorry, I probably should have put this in Software Integration... perhaps a moderator can move it?

Brett KF5WXP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Running LOG4OM w/SDR-Console

Post by G4POP »

KF5WXP wrote:I'm looking into running SDR-Console with a dongle/up-converter to use as a pan-adapter for my FTDX-3000. The program uses Omni-rig to allow you to point and click on signals seen on the screen and instantly change the rig's frequency to correspond. What I am wondering is, can I run SDR-Console at the same time I run LOG4OM, both via Omni-rig? I suspect things would get confused. Would it be possible to run Omni-Rig with SDR-Console, and set it to "rig 1", and run LOG4OM, use Omni-rig, and set it to "rig 2"? Does that even make sense? :lol: I'm hoping someone else has tried this and can offer advice.

And sorry, I probably should have put this in Software Integration... perhaps a moderator can move it?

Brett KF5WXP
I have run SDR-Radio consul with Log4OM, indeed we liased with Simon Brown about the integration which is described on page 109 >>> of our user guide.

However subsequently Simon added Omnirig support to his software and because Omnirig multi threads it is possible to connect multiple programs to th same radio, however you might have to start one of the programs before the other, I normally start Lo4om first then SDR-Radio Consul

I run Log4OM, SDR-Radio Consul, CWSkimmer, Bandmaster all at the same time with Omnirig with FLDigi connected to Log4OM using the XML/RPC connection
73 Terry G4POP
KF5WXP
Novice Class

Post by KF5WXP »

[/quote]I have run SDR-Radio consul with Log4OM, indeed we liased with Simon Brown about the integration which is described on page 109 >>> of our user guide.

However subsequently Simon added Omnirig support to his software and because Omnirig multi threads it is possible to connect multiple programs to th same radio, however you might have to start one of the programs before the other, I normally start Lo4om first then SDR-Radio Consul

I run Log4OM, SDR-Radio Consul, CWSkimmer, Bandmaster all at the same time with Omnirig with FLDigi connected to Log4OM using the XML/RPC connection[/quote]

Hi Terry! Thanks for the information... I will have to try it out this weekend. Still trying to figure out how to make my Soft66 work with SDR-Radio and the FTDX 3000, but I'm glad to know you have used it successfully with Log4OM. I really didn't want to have to use HRD (I tried the demo and didn't care for it), and would like to continue using Log4OM as I enjoy using the program immensely.

73 and thanks again!
Brett KF5WXP
KF5WXP
Novice Class

Post by KF5WXP »

Just an update... I ended up going with a SDRplay receiver. I use it with SDR-Console, and use Log4OM at the same time. Both programs are working well and playing nicely together. No issues between them, and it seems to work best if I fire up Log4OM first, and then open SDR-Console. This is running Windows 10, btw.

Thanks again for making such a great software program. I love using Log4OM, and it just keeps getting better. And also wanted to add, I do like the VFO "B" addition, and like it in the position that it is in. My Yaesu FTdx-3000 layout is the same, with B on the left and A on the right... so it matches up well.

Brett KF5WXP
KF5WXP
Novice Class

Post by KF5WXP »

Here's a video showing all of it working together. Sorry for the loud air conditioner, it is hot in Texas!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L1FS5hLZIMo

Brett
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Brett,
we're switching VFO's to a more "natural" placement, but i will add soon the possibility to switch them back again :)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KF5WXP
Novice Class

Post by KF5WXP »

Hi Daniele, that is good to know. Do you have an idea when the newest version will be out?

Also, cpu usage is only at 2% while running both programs. Admittedly, it's a hot rod Asus with an i7, but I still think that is really good.

Brett KF5WXP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

It's hard to keep it low, but it's a satisfaction when the software runs well everywhere.
Next release is scheduled soon. I'm still adding and fixing some things.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH