Spot click not updating frequency

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
WA0DGW
Novice Class

Spot click not updating frequency

Post by WA0DGW »

I am in to process of installing Ver 1.23.0.0 - and everything seems to be falling into place except rig frequency control. I'm using OmniRig with a TS-590. Double clicking on a spot causes the rig to change to the appropriate mode (USB, LSB, CW, etc.) and the rig confirms the action with a CW 'u', 'l', 'c', etc. What doesn't happen is changing the rig's frequency. The current rig frequency (of both VFO's) is displayed correctly in the upper right-hand screen of Log4OM and follows any manual tuning of the TS-590.

Thanks -
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Spot click not updating frequency

Post by G4POP »

Change the Omnirig polling rate to 100 and see if that fixes it.

Guess your using the USB connection which many 590 owners have had problems with on early TS590's?
73 Terry G4POP
WA0DGW
Novice Class

Re: Spot click not updating frequency

Post by WA0DGW »

Thanks for the info. I do have it working now - what I did is select Hamlib and rather unsuccessfully tried to set it up. So I thought "Oh what heck" and changed back to OmniRig. It's worked like a champ. (I think it's what called "FM"!) I will go back and change the polling rate to be safe. During the trials, I did restart the app several times before trying Hamlib - so I don't think it was a restart issue. Anyway - it's doing great now.
Thanks - - and 73's