Post by G4POP »

Yes you will need to download and install Teamviewer - Its free
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: SOTA new associations

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Terry,

have tried to check this and made an actual download. The same result here, L4O shows 386 summits for OO and the official list at the sota page shows 441 ...... B.t.w. todays download was a maual download via dropdown menu, Normally i have set L4O to auto update once a week ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Gentlemen I owe you all a profound apology!

All of my machines had the SOTA summit lists updated on 9th October and all display the full list as illustrated in my earlier screen shot.

However I have just tried a manual download of the SOTA list but this time I checked the Log4om activity log which returns the following information

2015-10-28 12:36:30.9609 ERROR: *** FileManagement: SOTA Summit List download error ******* [Function: UpdateSota] System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

It would appear that either SOTA MT have changed the download address or their web server is down, I will check with the SOTA MT to find out the reason, because of course they don't notify the software developers that try to support SOTA, that would be too much to expect!
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

This is the response from Andy Sinclair at SOTA when asked for help with this download issue!

"Do you read the reflector?"

I have time to read every forum for every award scheme - I don't think so!

My reply to Andy Sinclair prompted this response from him!

"The DB server is broken/overloaded/misconfigured and work is ongoing to change the server and scale the system to something with rather more oomph than we have right now. There will be a file in place for the 1-nov updates and maybe sooner. I don't have a date for "sooner" at present."

So now you all know as much as me but the bottom line is that the problem is a SOTA issue not Log4OM

If anyone wants the summit list dated 9th October which does include the missing summits please email me direct, because you wont be able to even download from the SOTA site manually
73 Terry G4POP
G0VWP
Novice Class

Post by G0VWP »

Hi Terry,
Well I did know that the SOTA had gone down, so we will have to see when it is all back to normal.
I have down loaded the TeamViewer to my laptop with the basic setting so will down load it onto the main computer with the same setting so hope that is the right way to go ???

Again thanks for all your help and the next thing I'll do is connect the FTDX5000 to the comp.

Terry