Link to Radio Band Improvement

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
w6trh
Novice Class

Link to Radio Band Improvement

Post by w6trh »

I frequently use the (F9) Cluster, and I love the feature that allows the display spots to be linked/filter to the radio band.

I think it would be real handy to have this feature on the main screen spot list as well. My logic in this is one of convenience when using a linear. Once my linear is tuned up on a particular band, I would like to "work everything" on that band that is spotted, before moving on to another band with the amplifier. Maybe a new button like the Digital/CW/Phone filter buttons, called Radio Band.

As always, thanks for a great product. I look forward to each new release and the features and improvements that each one brings.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Link to Radio Band Improvement

Post by NN7D »

Hi Thomas,

I am a bit confused. Can you define for me "on the main screen spot list", which you refer to. The link to band and mode is available as you noted on the F9 Cluster display, as well as on the separate Cluster Window (Utilities/Cluster - or the far left tool icon - Cluster).

Thanks!

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
w6trh
Novice Class

Post by w6trh »

Hi Doug,

Check out page 39 in the Log4OM manual, which shows a picture of the main screen. From there, look at the "latest spots" on the right hand side of the picture.

It would be handy if the "Link to Radio Band" option was also available there so they could be filtered by the radio band.

I am using v1.23.0.

Tom
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Think it makes no sense to show the same spots in the overview on the right side of L4O ..... In that cluster field you don´t have higlighted spots for IOTA/SOTA or other awards and also no higlighted spots for needed mode/band. It should be only an overview for the spots of all bands witch can show you a generally not worked DXCC (red highlighted) or a LotW user with a * behind the call ...

All the needed filters are in the F9 cluster tab and which gives you a much better overview than the small row at the right side of L4O ... ;) ;)

If i work with L4O always the F9 Cluster window is actice but in the "latest spots" on the right i can check for new DXCC´s on other bands/modes ..... Btw .... doubleclick on an entry in the "latest spots" also sending your rig to the band/mode via the CAT interface ... ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

w6trh wrote:Hi Doug,

Check out page 39 in the Log4OM manual, which shows a picture of the main screen. From there, look at the "latest spots" on the right hand side of the picture.

It would be handy if the "Link to Radio Band" option was also available there so they could be filtered by the radio band.

I am using v1.23.0.

Tom
Hi Tom,

Ok, I understand your request now. I don't use that cluster display and sort of forgot about it. Hi. I believe that cluster display is a hold over from early days (I could be wrong - may get flamed on that!), but don't believe there will be any updates to it as far as features. Why not use the full cluster display on the F9 tab, or use the separate cluster window by clicking on the far left tool icon at the top of the main window - or Utilities/Cluster from the top line menu?

I hope that helps.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

yes, it's from early days, when users noticed that using highly filtered cluster settings could sometime hide interesting spots that may appears on other bands/modes.
This is why i don't have added further filters to this mini-cluster.
I suggest working with a detached cluster screen with needed filters.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH