Create an alert with a right Click

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
CT1BXX
Old Man

Create an alert with a right Click

Post by CT1BXX »

Dear Colleagues,

Best regards.

Regarding DX Alerts, I would like to propose an option.
I thought about it today, when I received a spot for K6VVA/KL7 ( new Iota for me). It would very handy if with a right click on the call we can have the option to join this call into the alerts, not having the need to write it.
I Know that the right click already shows an info, but I propose only if we make the right click in the call.
Summarizing: when we make right click in the call we create a DX Alert for the call we click on.

73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Create an alert with a right Click

Post by G4POP »

Good idea we could have a menu list with Call Look up, set alert, show on map etc
73 Terry G4POP
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

G4POP wrote:Good idea we could have a menu list with Call Look up, set alert, show on map etc
Hi Terry,

You have read my thoughts. :D
I have not had enough courage to suggest all you mentioned.
Excellent !
Many thanks!

73 Manuel CT1BXX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Manuel,
right click on what screen? on the callsign input box or in the cluster screen?

by the way, why adding an alert to an existing spot? you are already "alerted" about his presence... or i'm missing something (probably yes :) )

Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IW3HMH wrote:Hi Manuel,
right click on what screen? on the callsign input box or in the cluster screen?

by the way, why adding an alert to an existing spot? you are already "alerted" about his presence... or i'm missing something (probably yes :) )

I will answer for Manuel!

Right click on Cluster Spot

Although already alerted for the spot band I might not be QRV on that band and need to set an alert when the OM appears on a band I can work him on.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Ok.
Take into account that we will support in the next release automatic spots for all callsigns that are in the Special Callsign file produced by Chuck and active in the reference period, and this will affect IOTA flags if set (SCL callsigns that reports IOTA on their definition will be spotted as IOTA when they appears, without need to have a IOTA reference in the spot text).

CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

IW3HMH wrote:Ok.
Take into account that we will support in the next release automatic spots for all callsigns that are in the Special Callsign file produced by Chuck and active in the reference period, and this will affect IOTA flags if set (SCL callsigns that reports IOTA on their definition will be spotted as IOTA when they appears, without need to have a IOTA reference in the spot text).

Hi Daniel,
Nice implementation, excellent , however we need to think that sometimes, some activities are not announced in due time and Chuck has no way to way to produce SCL because there is no information.

Terry got my idea about create an alert by a right click on the call, in fact it, does not seem to be useful, since we have the spot, but in this moment can not be possible to make the contact for any reason... propagation, ... and then we have interest in creating a spot for later, so we do not have to fill in the alert, since everything is there just right click opens a menu, we choose to create alert.
What do you think?

Your words make us dream... we can imagine nice things coming... :D
Thanks to all the team.

Here is terrible hot... good to be at sea side.
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

How many of the "right click" spots/alerts will you have, 1, 15, 100? Where's the practical limit?
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K7PT wrote:How many of the "right click" spots/alerts will you have, 1, 15, 100? Where's the practical limit?

Same as in the main alert window which is probably limited to something like 999
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

no limits... but we can add an "expiration date" on user request, and automatically remove alerts after the date...
can be an idea to avoid overload of notifications...