Add Built-in Rig Control

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
NS2R
Novice Class

Add Built-in Rig Control

Post by NS2R »

Having the ability to do simple rig control like freq changing, rf output etc, through Log4om would eliminate the need to run any external control programs along side Log4om....Phil
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Add Built-in Rig Control

Post by IW3HMH »

It's on the list since several releases.
We're working forward this implementation. Next release will feature some enhancements on VFO management on double VFO rigs and fix some issues with SPLIT mode.
Once we have a correct way to read the rig, next step is to control the radio from Log4OM.

Hopefully soon we will have a basic (limited to what omnirig/hamlib interface provided) rig control.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
w8tfi
Novice Class

Post by w8tfi »

I would like to add the suggestion that the rig control be able to turn the radio on, just like what HRD does for the Kenwood TS-2000.

Thank you for this great software, have been having fun learning how to us it.

Brian
W8TFI
w8tfi
Novice Class

Post by w8tfi »

Hello and Thank you for the reply's.
Was looking around in Log4OM and I use OmniRig to control my radio, but I did notice that when you select Hamlib you can send commands before it get started, does this mean that I can send a command to turn on my radio at the start of the program, and does Hamlib have the commands to control the Kenwood TS-2000 built in.

Thanks for all the help, love the program.
Brian
W8TFI
WB4IT
Advanced Class

Post by WB4IT »

I use N1MM for the big contests, and I like the way you can just type "CW" into the callsign box and hit enter to change mode, or type "7010" and it tunes to 40m.
gi0hwo
Novice Class

Post by gi0hwo »

I am all for enhancements for Log4OM but please,please,please do not tun it into HRD - "The Sequal".
More is not always best.
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

I agree with GI0HWO. Soon will become a clone or free version of HRD (Son-of-HRD).

Lately, it seems, I see a lot of wish this was like HRD, wish that was like HRD,hope this works like HRD, etc. Maybe it would be better to say "wish HRD was free". :twisted: :evil:
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi
Chuck and John, and all fellows,

If you permit I would like to say that Log4OM has its proper identity!
No matter what changes or what functions to be implemented Log4Om is just Log4OM, one step above all others, thanks to Daniele and all the team evolved, never a HRD clone, it has a unique identity.

As it is, for me is enough, however I would like to see some functions, ie:

1- Band Map,
2 - Possibility to import Iota credits from the csv file from Iota headquarters.
3 - Full integration with MixW (because it has FSK and not on FLDigi).

CAT is important but Omnirg fits my needs, but I welcome a native CAT in Log4OM.

I payed for HRD when it becomes commercial, however I do not use since I have tested Log4OM, I am sure that there is a lot of colleagues in same situation.

Sorry but it is just my opinion, and trying to tell, yes I would be very happy with new functions no matter they are. :D

Please do not blame me hihihi :oops:

Have nice weekend.
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi all.
in the past, i've started a CAT software, well, before starting Log4OM project.
It's a modern, fully managed C# CAT interface with plugins...
After a first period (i've integrated 20-30 rigs based on specs) i stopped work.
At the time i didn't have had a big and active community that could help, as we are now, and testing CAT is something that needs a large set of rigs and testers.

The idea of a "proprietary" CAT interface that would be more stable than hamlib and more "modern" than Omnirig was (and it's still) on my mind, but it's a complex work. It requires a full-time committment and a lot of work.
Now, my time is splitted between Log4OM and a complete rewrite of code, formerly called NextGen. It's an HUGE work... every feature i will add is moving me ahead, but looking backward to the work made in the latest years... well... there is a lot of work in Log4OM... (and consider i'm not starting from scratch as before)

It's also a big headache to "reinvent the wheel", rebuilding an user interface that has limits but has also received a lot of appreciation (even with some known usability defects).

I like the way some software change freq (or mode, typing CW or 7010 in the callsign screen), but those are ideas of other developers, that i'm not so sure i want to clone, even if it's pretty simple to do.
They had the idea, there is no copyright, but i fully respect their work :)

New beta is now released to beta testers. Some improvements on grid square management... more improvements could still be possible if i receive some feedback from testers and answers on forum :)

Stay tuned
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
IK0TIX
Advanced Class

Post by IK0TIX »

Hi Daniele
instead of a rig control have log4om built-in virtual com splitter (such as HRD)??
Max IK0TIX