QSO input mask

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
DK5EW
Advanced Class

QSO input mask

Post by DK5EW »

I have now "tried" to use Log4OM many times. In common it is a nice logger with lot's of great features that be missed on other loggers.

But I have - for me and maybe also for others - a main problem and that is the QSO input mask.

- from my view there could be show more points on the main view and not on a next side. I's like to add/remove QSO points on the first site to customize my personal needs of a QSO ( f.e. propagation on the first side)

- it should be a greater/wider QSO input mask for me it is too compact

- I'd like to have more options for the VHF amateurs like checking for EME initials ec. All the features VQLog has to be a good VHF logger.

73's !
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: QSO input mask

Post by IW3HMH »

This is under work. I'm not ready yet to release it on upcoming 1.23.

Pse take some time to add details about VHF features you think we can add, please be "easy and complete", because i'm not an EME expert at all, and VHF QSO are only on local repeaters :)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
DK5EW
Advanced Class

Post by DK5EW »

Ciao Daniele, grazie per la risposta !

For VHF Guys it's important to have the propagation of the QSO what you have already implemented. To see this on the first QSO mask side would be good.

Other things belong the statistic:

- to see the propagation openings (TR/ES/MS/EME/AU/RS...) date/time/QSO according to propagation
- EME initials ( stations that have been worked first via EME)
- quick listing of worked squares on a map
- quick listing of missing squares on a map in a calculated distance f.e. in a circle for home qth distance 2500km
- sending a propagation report ES/TR/AU to http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ in expected format (TIME(UTC) CALLSIGN LOCATOR DISTANCE)
- all listing possible as ADIF or simple text or csv
- implementation on DX Atlas and Google Maps for showing QSO distances / squares / QSO plots as lines
- integrating of a VHF database with all active EME stations (WSJT - call3.txt)

73's Erwin/DK5EW
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I will check your requests carefully. I will have some more questions to explain better some things.

Thanks for your time
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I have troubles finding a list of "real" gridsquares, that refer to ground squares and not to oceans.
Is there any list of them somewhere?
DK5EW
Advanced Class

Post by DK5EW »

Why do you want to different that ? Also a "wet square" can be worked f.e. from a /mm station.
Please take all squares for all actions you may need.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Well, there are a very BIG number of squares in the world (also stopping at AA00 level)
I can show you a list of worked. the unworked list will lock your PC for minutes :)

What is the level of detail used in V/UHF (related to gridsquare)?
AA00 is enough, or we need to go deep to AA00AA level?

About http://www.mmmonvhf.de/
Is there any document that reports how to use their API for data integration?
DK5EW
Advanced Class

Post by DK5EW »

For VHF square collectors/hunters the big square is interesting so AA00 - AA01 - AA02..... . The small squares AA00aa is only interesting to show the exact QTH on a map.

Showing and counting squares that have been worked is fine. But it is necessary to inform the user of the log if the call sign actually has a grid square that is new for him.

Not worked squares can be shown in a radius around the QTH at f.e. a maximum distance of 3500km that is a double hop on 2m. Showing in this range not worked squares is also fine to upload a "most wanted squares list" to mmmonvhf.de. Link: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php

About the API I will ask our programmer and inform you.
DK5EW
Advanced Class

Post by DK5EW »

We do not provide a API. You will be able to use all databases AFTER registration that are stored in the download section.