Cabrillo format

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
w8tfi
Novice Class

Cabrillo format

Post by w8tfi »

Hello everyone,
I was reading about the Carbrillo format and that Log4OM doesn't have a way to export in that format or has there been a change to the program that I am not aware of yet, and can I upgrade to have that function.

Thank you for your help.
W8TFI
Brian
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cabrillo format

Post by NN7D »

Hi Brian,

As you likely know, the Cabrillo file format was designed and is used for filing contest logs. Log4OM has some contesting feature, but is not a contest logging program and never will be, as the requirements are so different from general logging. If you are really interested in contests, I would recommend N1MM+ - its free, well supported and very feature rich.

If you still need to get some qso's from Log4OM into Cabrillo format, you can do an ADIF file export, then convert the log into Cabrillo format using this online facility - http://www.cqwpx.com/adif/ There are others out there as well.

I hope that answered your question.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
w8tfi
Novice Class

Post by w8tfi »

Doug,
Thank you for the information, I love Log4OM and was just hoping there was a upgrade in the future to output that format.

Brian
W8TFI
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I would love to export in cabrillo too.
But now try checking 5 contests (at your choice) that accepts Cabrillo, and compare their cabrillo formats.

You probably won't find a cabrillo similar to another one, in the column fields.

Cabrillo is not a standard format, is a way to represent data, like XML.
Each contest has his own cabrillo format, there is not a standard format like ADIF.

This is the main issue with Cabrillo: each contest has its own structure. The only way is to have a structure for each contest, that is a bit out of my competences and fully inside the contest logging logic
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH