New database creation

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
g6eny
Novice Class

New database creation

Post by g6eny »

Hi everyone,
I have just started to use LOG4OM and feel it is just what I have been looking for. I have set it up for use with my GV callsign but now when I come to set it up for my usual G callsign and try to set up a new empty database, I still seem to have my GV contacts in the database. I say this because when I select the recent qso tab all my GV qso's appear and when I enter a callsign I have made contact with as GV it appears with contact details. Is this normal as I would have expected it not to show these contacts. Obviously I am doing something wrong and feel I am going backwards. Any help would be appreciated please.

I have used the programme to log JT65a and JT9-1 QSO's and have been very impressed with how it integrates with WSJT-X, JTAlert, QRZ and EQSL. Now if only I can get this basic task completed I would be one happy OM.
Best 73 to all
Noel G6ENY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: New database creation

Post by G4POP »

Noel,
Have you created a new database and opened the new database for your G call?
73 Terry G4POP
g6eny
Novice Class

Post by g6eny »

Hi Terry
Yes I have, (many of them!) and they all seem to behave in the same way. I'm sure it is something I am doing wrong but I feel I have followed the manual correctly.
Noel
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

At the bottom right hand corner of the main window you should see the name of the open logbook, is it the one that you expect to have open?

Also have you restarted the program?
73 Terry G4POP
g6eny
Novice Class

Post by g6eny »

Yes, the logbook name is the one I have created and has the green globe to the right of it at the bottom rhs of the screen.

I have also saved the new config, done a restart, created the new database and done another restart. However, when I select the Recent QSO tab all my qso's from the GV callsign still appear.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Have you got Skype if so email me and we will talk
73 Terry G4POP
g6eny
Novice Class

Post by g6eny »

I can sort out another pc to use sometime tomorrow if that is convenient as my mac is not too happy with the wireless connections in the shack. I am around most of tomorrow but expect to be out from around 4.30 walking dogs, friends, pub, etc.
I appreciate your help and am happy to do it at a time that suits you as I am still able to log QSO's but not without the GV 'additions' so to speak.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Fine but I need to speak to you on the machine which runs Log4om so that we can screen share!
73 Terry G4POP
g6eny
Novice Class

Post by g6eny »

Ah ok, I will have to install Skype first then. Once done I will send you an email if that will be ok.
g6eny
Novice Class

Post by g6eny »

Hi again Terry,
Just to tidy up our recent conversation regarding the database creation. All is working fine now thanks on this front after a complete re-install. I have a few issues with WSJT-X picking up the grid squares and passing this on to JTAlert-x and Log4OM but it would appear to at the start of the process rather than at the Log4OM end. I am awaiting some info on how to resolve this issue from the wsjt team.
Many thanks for your help in the meantime with this fantastic programme.
Best 73
Noel