Working CW without Winkeyer

General discussions about Log4OM features
YL3BU
New user

Working CW without Winkeyer

Post by YL3BU »

Hi to everyone here!

I'm Logger32 user at this time. There is "CW machine" which I can to use for CW together with my homemade CAT/CW interface http://www.yl3bu.lv/files/u2/technical/ ... _to_PC.pdf with no problem. This setup is fine, CW is clear.

My question is - can I use the same setup with Log4OM for CW transmitting?
From Log4OM manual I'm understood that I can use CW macros and/or transmit CW directly ONLY with K1EL Winkeyer. Is it right?

Thanks and 73!
de Alex YL3BU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Working CW without Winkeyer

Post by G4POP »

Yes only Winkeyer support in Log4om
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Winkeyer has a solid interface and protocol.
Custom, or different, keyers could have different way of work. There is not a standard way, so it's hard to interface custom keyers or many different keyers all with different interfaces.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4AON
Old Man

Post by G4AON »

IW3HMH wrote:Winkeyer has a solid interface and protocol
At the last time of checking, only Winkey USB is supported in Log4OM, not the RS232 serial one. The issue of Winkey RS232 has been outstanding as a "to do" job for more than a year. Hopefully it will be included soon.

73 Dave
RZ3EM
Novice Class

Post by RZ3EM »

IW3HMH wrote:Winkeyer has a solid interface and protocol.
Custom, or different, keyers could have different way of work. There is not a standard way, so it's hard to interface custom keyers or many different keyers all with different interfaces.
Log4OM very nice Logger form a tons of points of view! Very flexible in so manyyy aspects, but not in the CW operation.
It uses OmniRig for instance for CAT control. Why not to use as an option the 3rd party very famous CW solution?
For instance - http://www.dxsoft.com/en/products/cwtype/ - free for HAMs and with a lot of flexible settings!
CwType interfaces with logger software via ini-files and Windows messages. CwType can also get symbols to transmit from other software by DXSOFTEX.DLL library. See http://www.dxsoft.com/dxs-exch.zip for details about programs co-operation.

So, it can be transmitted directly from the Log4OM QSO fields by means of CW Type.

Any chance to be implemented in the next versions?

Thanks in advnace!

73, Andy RZ3EM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Possible but unlikely because it relies on the user constructing an interface between the computer and radio which if it was not of a uniform design would result in many errors and issues which inevitably would be blamed on Log4OM

Users already blame the program when they have self inflicted problems or faulty computers and equipment so we don't want to make that situation worse!
73 Terry G4POP