Net Control / RST

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
g4cfp
Advanced Class

Net Control / RST

Post by g4cfp »

Hi I have taken a good look around and have not been able to find an answer to a question about adding members of a net.

I'm using the Net Control part of Log4OM and its working well, I'm just trying to sort out how I record individual RST reports as they all seem to record the same RST. How do I record individual signal reports?

Cheers

73 de Bill G4CFP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Net Control / RST

Post by G4POP »

Before dragging the inactive member from the right hand pane into the 'Active' on air left pane

Highlight the call sign (Just one left click)

Set the RST rx and tx to the required values
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (14.08 KiB) Viewed 8324 times
Now drag and drop the call sign from the 'Inactive list on the right into the 'On Air' pane on the left

Now when the other station is dragged back into the right hand pane as he leaves the net the required RST RX & TX will be saved with the QSO information
73 Terry G4POP
g4cfp
Advanced Class

Post by g4cfp »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried setting the RST before adding them to the Net as per your relpy, however either right clicking or dragging the call back to the right hand list whe they leave the Net the RST always defaults to what is set in the Received / Sent boxes at the bottom. Strange

Cheers
g4cfp
Advanced Class

Post by g4cfp »

Hi Terry

On my version 1.25.0.0 the Net Control seems to log the contact with the Signal Report that was last used and than once the contact leaving the net has been moved out his initial report is changed to the one last used and then the Signal Report options then default back to 59 59

Cheers

Bill
g4cfp
Advanced Class

Post by g4cfp »

Stage-2.jpg
Stage-2.jpg (82.5 KiB) Viewed 8312 times
Sorry Terry

They are G0CTO signal report 55, G0MRL signal report 44 and G4WBO signal report 33
Stage-1.jpg
Stage-1.jpg (82.77 KiB) Viewed 8312 times
All looks ok and showing 33 and 33 as the next RST unless changed, now when G0CTO is logged out the main log now shows his RST as 33 33 not 55 55 as selected when added and notice that the RST has now defaulted to 59 59 and any other call signs are than logged out as 59 59 not 44 44 for G0MRL and 33 33 for G4WBO
Stage-2.jpg
Stage-2.jpg (82.5 KiB) Viewed 8312 times
Hope this make more sense

Regards

Bill
Bill G4CFP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

So what you are saying is that as someone leaves the net although their RST is recorded correctly all previous QSO's for that net which were initially recorded correctly and QSO's saved afterwards revert to the default RST?

Now I understand the issue and it something that I had not noticed before!

It should work as described so its something to do with the method of saving the QSO

I have moved this thread to the error reports thread and added it to the Mantis list
73 Terry G4POP
g4cfp
Advanced Class

Post by g4cfp »

Hi Terry

Yes your correct, sorry for the misleading posts before.

To say the least I'm impressed with Log4OM and have recommended it to other local Amateur's, and I was lucky to see a presentation on the eQSL section the other evening, which I now use.

Many thanks for your quick response to my posts

Kindest Regards

Bill G4CFP
Bill G4CFP
G4AON
Old Man

Post by G4AON »

Bill and Terry, thanks for raising the issue of signal reports in nets, I've just checked and mine is the same, ie when you click on a call to enter it into the log, the last entered signal report is entered in the log...

Also, while addressing the signal report part of net use, can the following be looked at for the next revision of the program?

1. In common with other areas of Log4OM, there is too much choice of signal reports in the drop down box - who needs a choice of dozens? In 45 years of CW operating, I've yet to give an RST 123 report... I guess the list can be edited.

2. If you move a call up or down the list, as often happens when others call in and the running order changes, the start time is set to the time you moved the call... Not the time you initially placed the call into the net.

3. When you have a lot of calls in the "On Air" window, moving them across to the "Inactive" window (or right clicking the mouse) to enter them in the log takes quite a few seconds. Clicking the "Close Net" button should enter them all into the log, unfortunately it closes the net without entering them.

Thanks
Dave
g4cfp
Advanced Class

Post by g4cfp »

Hi Dave

Thanks for the input.

Regards

Bill
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Actually the signal report that is shown when you drag out the callsign is used to save the QSO.
It's something you set when removing (and logging) and not stored on the callsign itself during his "active life" on the left side.

I'm removing the "reset to default value" when a QSO is removed from active list.
This should preserve the value set also for subsequent qso's until changed
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH