Voice message recordings ?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VE4DXR
Advanced Class

Voice message recordings ?

Post by VE4DXR »

Hello and Happy Father's Day. I would like to know if Log4OM can record and play my voice cq message. That would be handy for portable. 73. Lee, VE4DXR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Voice message recordings ?

Post by G4POP »

VE4DXR wrote:Hello and Happy Father's Day. I would like to know if Log4OM can record and play my voice cq message. That would be handy for portable. 73. Lee, VE4DXR
Options/Audio config

User guide page 17 'Voice Keyer'
73 Terry G4POP
VE4DXR
Advanced Class

Post by VE4DXR »

Hello Terry and Team.
I just returned from 4 weeks on my boat and had 971 QSO's on voice; activating 3 Light stations on Lake Winnipeg. I could not get the voice keyer to work on V.25. Followed the instructions in the manual. Used the built in mic on the laptop. The software played the recording in the settings screen but not from the PTT button at the qso screen. Using Signalink USB which did not key the 857d.
Any ideas what I did wrong? Also, how do you erase or delete a recording? 73. Lee, VE4DXR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The 'PTT' button on the main window is just for activating the radios transmit function it is not for playing back audio messages from Log4OM - I have just tested this function and it is working fine with the PTT triggered via a com port.
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (17.83 KiB) Viewed 4992 times
I would not expect this button to trigger the TX on your radio when using a Signalink because the Signallink only triggers the PTT when it receives audio not a com port command.

The voice recorder is activated from the 'Radio' drop down menu by selecting 'PTT' (Must get this changed to Voice Keyer sometime) but remember that you must keep the message button depressed to send the message - Its click and hold not a toggle on and off
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (31.1 KiB) Viewed 4992 times
I have just tested that the voice keyer works and it functions 100% as designed

To delete a message either record over it or go to the Audio folder and delete the files (Help/Open configuration folder)
73 Terry G4POP
df6vi
Advanced Class

Post by df6vi »

So far, so good for recording and saving the messages (CQ, QRZ...) but when i try to send it (PTT switches correctly), but nothing else happens. Even no sound for monitoring the message. All quiet.

Rig FT-DX3000

73' Stefan - DF6VI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I already responded to this question in the German Language thread but here it is again

You either have not selected the correct sound card that is used by the radio nor you have it set up incorrectly on the radio or in Windows Sound devices.

Dont forget to keep the button pressed
73 Terry G4POP