JT Alert integration.

Regarding connecting to external program's.
VK3AMA
Advanced Class

Re: JT Alert integration.

Post by VK3AMA »

Art,

I would rather not use this forum for JT-Alert support. I posted the announcement here as a courtesy.

It sounds like you don't have the path to the Log4OM SQLite Log file correctly set with the JT-Alert Settings Window.

All your questions have been answered in the Ham-Apps Yahoo group and I will continue the discussion there.

de Laurie, VK3AMA
K0AY
Old Man

Post by K0AY »

When I was using DM780, the JT65 program got it's QRG from DM780. Having switched to L4OM, I have Omnirig selected on both programs, but the QRG window on the JT65 program stays at 0. the CAT function is working on L4OM. What do I need to do to have the JT65 program get the QRG from L4OM? Many thanks for all your help.

Art K0AY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Start JT65 first so that it has the frequency and mode from Omnirig then when it logs to LOG4OM it will log the frequency used
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Laurie is using the same process of DM780,that will not expect an answer. If he needs a different way i can provide a dedicated listener on a dedicated port that provides an answer in the required format (that i don't know actually).

Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
K0AY
Old Man

Post by K0AY »

IW3HMH wrote:Laurie is using the same process of DM780,that will not expect an answer. If he needs a different way i can provide a dedicated listener on a dedicated port that provides an answer in the required format (that i don't know actually).

That would be very useful to me

Thanks

Art K0AY
VE9ZZ
Novice Class

Post by VE9ZZ »

Hi everyone. I'm new to Log4OM and would like to use it to log QSO's from JTAlert. I'm abandoning HRD and looking for another logging program to use. When I try to log a contact I get an error. Attached is a screen capture of the error. It refers to HRD but I cleaned HRD completely from my PC, I even did a regedit to clean it further. Anyway I hope someone can help me out. I followed all the directions in the manual for locating the log file but still get the error. I'm using 1.25 portable.

Thanks in advance de VE9ZZ
logging error.png
logging error.png (151.56 KiB) Viewed 8762 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I believe that although JT Alert is flagging an error that you will find that Log4OM has actually logged the QSO, have you checked?
73 Terry G4POP
VE9ZZ
Novice Class

Post by VE9ZZ »

Thanks Terry , yes I checked and it doesn't log the contact.

de VE9ZZ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VE9ZZ wrote:Thanks Terry , yes I checked and it doesn't log the contact.

de VE9ZZ
Are you certain that the JTAlert configuration is set up correctly for Log4OM?

Perhaps someone that uses JTAlert could advise you
73 Terry G4POP
VE9ZZ
Novice Class

Post by VE9ZZ »

Been over it more than a dozen times, my head is starting to hurt. I'll log the contacts manually for now and hope someday I'll find the solution.

Thanks 73 de VE9ZZ