ZL3 SOTA Assocation

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VK7CW
Advanced Class

ZL3 SOTA Assocation

Post by VK7CW »

I worked ZL4TZ a week ago and he was on SOTA Summit ZL3/SL-307.

At the time I tried to add this association but it was not there. I downloaded the latest SOTA database at the time and it still did not come up.

So I thought I would wait a while and i have only just now downloaded the latest SOTA database again and the ZL3 associations are still not in the database.

Just wondering is there a problem or do I just have to wait till the database is updated?

Any help appreciated.

73 de Steve VK7CW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: ZL3 SOTA Assocation

Post by G4POP »

VK7CW wrote:I worked ZL4TZ a week ago and he was on SOTA Summit ZL3/SL-307.

At the time I tried to add this association but it was not there. I downloaded the latest SOTA database at the time and it still did not come up.

So I thought I would wait a while and i have only just now downloaded the latest SOTA database again and the ZL3 associations are still not in the database.

Just wondering is there a problem or do I just have to wait till the database is updated?

Any help appreciated.

73 de Steve VK7CW
Steve,

This is completely my fault and I apologise for the inconvenience.

The situation with SOTA is that unfortunately they do no use the DXCC entity numbers in their Summit List file, just references like New Zealand - South Island and New Zealand - North Island.

To enable us to select the appropriate sections of the list that are relevant for the call sign entered and avoid presenting the user with the complete list of Summits for the whole world we had to produce a table which cross references to the DXCC number for the call sign entered with the appropriate section of the summit list.

e.g. SOTA reference is New Zealand - South Island we have a table reference of New Zealand - South Island;170

I have asked SOTA to add the DXCC numbers to their associations list or notify us of any changes to the regions but so far nothing has happened.

So the reason you had the problem was because I have not visited the SOTA site for some time to check the SOTA associations list and therefore missed the addition of New Zealand - South Island and had not updated our cross reference table.

I have just updated and tested it and its been uploaded to our site so please do another download of the SOTA databases and restart Log4OM, after that it should all work 100%

Once again my apologies, I will try to be more diligent in the future
73 Terry G4POP
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Post by VK7CW »

Hi Terry,

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

I have updated the database again and restarted Log4OM several times now and I still dont seem to have the South Island ZL3 associations.

I only have the option for the North Island.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong?

73 de Steve VK7CW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK7CW wrote:Hi Terry,

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

I have updated the database again and restarted Log4OM several times now and I still dont seem to have the South Island ZL3 associations.

I only have the option for the North Island.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong?

73 de Steve VK7CW
Not quiet sure what your doing wrong Steve but I just did a fresh download of the SOTA databases and all worked fine for me as shown below.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (60.62 KiB) Viewed 4737 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (43.88 KiB) Viewed 4737 times
The file is attached to this post try saving it to your C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM folder and let it overwrite the original and try again
SotaAssociations.zip
(742 Bytes) Downloaded 194 times
73 Terry G4POP
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Post by VK7CW »

Hi Terry,

I am sorry to be a pain, and many thanks for your help, but I have downloaded the file you gave me and saved it to where you said, overwriting the old file.

For some reason I am still not seeing the South Island as per you jpg.

I also have a separate laptop with Log4OM on it and I downloaded a new SOTA update to it and still not working.

I even shut down the computer and restarted it to make sure and still nothing.

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem or I am doing something really stupid? I have the latest 1.26 version and when I got to the 'help' tab and 'about' it even tells me that the SOTA update was updated on 28/08/2016.

It has got me stumped.

73 de Steve VK7CW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Go to your folder where you saved the file that I sent you..

Open the file SotaAssociation.csv in Notepad and make sure it has a line "New Zealand - South Island;170" close the file without saving

open the file summitlist.csv and search for "New Zealand - South Island" see if the required south island summits are listed

If in both the above files you can see the entries I refer to then you are doing something wrong, like on the wrong band or no band, wrong call sign entered
73 Terry G4POP
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Post by VK7CW »

Hi Terry,

OK, I think I have found the problem. I did as you said and the SotaAssociation.csv file has 'New Zealand - South Island' no problem there.

However the summitslist.csv was last modified on 14/4/2016 and it does not contain the 'New Zealand - South island'.

So how do I update the summitslist.csv?

73 de Steve VK7CW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Log4om Settings/SOTA Database/download updates
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (23.42 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
You can make this happen automatically if you check 'Automatic downloads' in settings drop down
73 Terry G4POP
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Post by VK7CW »

Hi Terry,

That is exactly how I have been doing it right from the start, but the summitslist.csv was not updating.

Magically I tried it again this morning and it has updated and all is now good.

Many thanks for your help.

73 de Steve VK7CW