Scrolling Map

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Scrolling Map

Post by VK7CW »

Not a critical suggestion, but one that would be a nicety.

On the QSO Information (F7) tab, it would be nice if the map was scrollable from left to right. Or the ability to have your DXCC country in the centre of the map. It does get confusing when I am working someone in the pacific or North and South America and it shows the long path.

Probably not an issue or so bad for those who reside in the EU and are centered in the map already.

I am not sure if it is even possible, but like I said it is not a game changer or a critical request but would be a 'Nice to have'

For your consideration.

73 de Steve VK7CW
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Scrolling Map

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Steve, it's somewhat possible but a bit complex due to coordinates-to-pixel work and image relocation.
I'm working with a "Google like" control for V2
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
NU8W
New user

Post by NU8W »

This seems related, so I hope it's ok to mention it here. If you are re-working the map, it would be nice if the map could be zoomed in as well for more local work. For example, I sometimes want to see just a map of the country I'm in to get a better idea of where my contacts are located.
VK2XAX
Novice Class

Post by VK2XAX »

I'll +1 this thread :)

I'd like to see the map centred on QTH too!

Additionally the optional overlay of grid square, and with increasing zoom, down to 6 chr grid squares.

thanks

Tim
VK2XAX :: QF56if :: BMARC :: WIA :: AMSAT-VK