how to stop Rapid Cluster info

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
TEX

how to stop Rapid Cluster info

Post by TEX »

Hi All,
How can I stop my Cluster info from rapidly giving me info on the Cluster screen?
Especially during the CQ WW there was hundreds of spots and before I could click on one it disappeared with another 10 spots!!

How can I freeze the screen so it will give me time to click on the spot I want so my Transceiver and antenna goes to that DX spot station.
Regards.
TEX VK1TX :x
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: how to stop Rapid Cluster info

Post by G4POP »

You cant do that but you could filter the spots so that you only receive for example sports that were spotted by hams on your local continent or on the band and/or the mode your radio is tuned to etc
73 Terry G4POP
TEX

Post by TEX »

Thanks Terry,
I understand what you mean now.
So I can go into Log4OM Prog and do that I guess.
Regards,
TEX VK1TX :D
G4AON
Old Man

Post by G4AON »

A big problem with the cluster network is that you get spots heard by other stations... In a contest it can get really crazy and as you found it's hard work to see the wood for the trees.

I run a separate SDR receiver with CW Skimmer, at least that way the spots are heard on my kit. You can combine spots from the cluster with your own local spots using the free program Wintelnetx, not an option for SSB though...

73 Dave
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Either use the built in filters in the cluster side window as below
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (51.82 KiB) Viewed 3509 times
Or if you require more in depth filtering send the relevant filter commands from the Log4OM utilities/cluster window using the filters that are explained here:

http://wiki.dxcluster.org/index.php/DXS ... ing_Manual
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4AON wrote:A big problem with the cluster network is that you get spots heard by other stations... In a contest it can get really crazy and as you found it's hard work to see the wood for the trees.

I run a separate SDR receiver with CW Skimmer, at least that way the spots are heard on my kit. You can combine spots from the cluster with your own local spots using the free program Wintelnetx, not an option for SSB though...

73 Dave
FYI Version 2 of Log4OM features a DX spot aggregator, each cluster is user configurable for passwords and start up commands, and it is now fully tested and in use by our Alpha testers.

I am currently using it to collect spots from my own Skimmer (RFSpace SDR-IP input) and they are aggregated with 4 other cluster servers which are of special interest to me like the private CDXC cluster.

So it will become unnecessary to run any external software for that function.
73 Terry G4POP