WCF start crashes Log4OM

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
AA4OO
Novice Class

WCF start crashes Log4OM

Post by AA4OO »

I've had this issue since early summer. Running Windows Home 10 64bit.
I uninstalled Log4OM and reinstalled with no change. Running Log4OM 1.26.00 "portable install"

------------------------------------------ Error ------------------------------------------

Application: LogOMUI.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at System.Net.UnsafeNclNativeMethods.SetFileCompletionNotificationModes(System.Runtime.InteropServices.CriticalHandle, FileCompletionNotificationModes)
at System.Net.HttpListener.CreateRequestQueueHandle()
at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SharedHttpTransportManager.OnOpen()
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManager.Open(System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportChannelListener)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManagerContainer.Open(System.ServiceModel.Channels.SelectTransportManagersCallback)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportChannelListener.OnOpen(System.TimeSpan)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelListener`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnOpen(System.TimeSpan)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(System.TimeSpan)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelDispatcher.OnOpen(System.TimeSpan)
at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(System.TimeSpan)
at LogOM.WCF.WCFManagement.RunServices(System.String)
at LogOMUI.FormSettings.#=qoqoMumE4gjMC0OEJsTXjpDRXqJgkTohAdYEsf9OA7yk=(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef, System.Windows.Forms.MouseButtons, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window)
at LogOMUI.Log4OMMainWindow.#=qUH15vUWEPhN5ua$GQz6md0JsxJlz070X83bBVCkWIlw=()
at LogOMUI.Log4OMMainWindow.#=qHDF_Ag_u87_GJvx80xB0LQ8hFIzP9gFjOlCNs7JbkYk=(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef, System.Windows.Forms.MouseButtons, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at #=qTHdqu5yd1aCp5HpKseDc$bbyMGbGB$GMmCTYHoWYJyM=.Main(System.String[])
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: WCF start crashes Log4OM

Post by G4POP »

You should send a support request to us using Help/Send bug report - BE CERTAIN TO ENABLE TRACE BEFORE EMULATING THE ERROR and follow the bug report instructions fully
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Yes please.
It seems an "hard crash" not handled by code, but almost everything is catched against this kind of errors so i'm interested in checking that issue.
On some cases those issues are bounded to framework issues. Have you tried reinstalling the .NET framework 4.0?
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
AA4OO
Novice Class

Post by AA4OO »

I set trace level to DEBUG but since it crashes, I can't submit the report after the error. Restarting and submitting the bug report the trace file didn't have anything about starting the WCF error or the exception.

The issue began shortly after a Microsoft Windows 10 automatic update. When I go to the .NET 4.0 framework download and try to install it the system tells me a newer version is already installed and will not perform the install.

Log4OM operated perfectly for me last year on the same computer and rig along with FLDIGI and HDSDR. Since the Windows 10 update this issue started. The only issues I've seen since the update are the inability to start WCF so I can't let FLDIGI write to Log4OMs log and now OmniRig isn't happy when there are two rig profiles but the lower com port rig is turned off.

Anyway it's not a biggie. Log4OM is still a great application I just can't integrate it with FLDIGI... I didn't need to do PSK31 anyway... I'll stick with a "real" digital mode... CW ;)

Richard, AA4OO
AA4OO
Novice Class

Post by AA4OO »

I set trace level to DEBUG but since it crashes, I can't submit the report after the error. Restarting and submitting the bug report the trace file didn't have anything about starting the WCF error or the exception.

The issue began shortly after a Microsoft Windows 10 automatic update. When I go to the .NET 4.0 framework download and try to install it the system tells me a newer version is already installed and will not perform the install.

Log4OM operated perfectly for me last year on the same computer and rig along with FLDIGI and HDSDR. Since the Windows 10 update this issue started. The only issues I've seen since the update are the inability to start WCF so I can't let FLDIGI write to Log4OMs log and now OmniRig isn't happy when there are two rig profiles but the lower com port rig is turned off.

Anyway it's not a biggie. Log4OM is still a great application I just can't integrate it with FLDIGI... I didn't need to do PSK31 anyway... I'll stick with a "real" digital mode... CW ;)

Richard, AA4OO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

AA4OO wrote:I set trace level to DEBUG but since it crashes, I can't submit the report after the error. Restarting and submitting the bug report the trace file didn't have anything about starting the WCF error or the exception.
The last log before the crash is preserved at C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM\log so set to trace, make it crash then send those to us by email together with the bug report and an ADIF file of your logbook
73 Terry G4POP