Log4om/communicator with SDR console

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
2E0YMT
Novice Class

Log4om/communicator with SDR console

Post by 2E0YMT »

Dear OM's

I am setting up my shack and all is going reasonably well with log4om and sdr console until I started setting up commander for use with pstrotator. im sure I had log4om and sdr console running at some point but now not at all....Forgive me in advance im no PC guru but there seems to be an issue with sharing omnirig or at least thats how it looks to me. Even without communicator running it no longer works and reports "Server busy" "choose switch to to activate the busy program" which must come from the sdr console ??

Any advice/tips would be greatly received for the above.

I have another question but will search for that in the forum before posting for help.

TIA Paul 2e0ymt
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4om/communicator with SDR console

Post by G4POP »

2E0YMT wrote:all is going reasonably well with log4om and sdr console until I started setting up commander for use with pstrotator
1. "Commander" is one of the DXLabs suite of programs and it cannot share a com port with Omnirig

2. You can control PSTRotator from within Log4OM you don't require DX Labs Commander for that
there seems to be an issue with sharing omnirig or at least thats how it looks to me.
Omnirig can only be shared by other programs that use Omnirig and that have been designed for multi threading e.g SDR Radio Consul, Bandmaster, CW Skimmer and of course Log4OM
Even without communicator running it no longer works and reports "Server busy" "choose switch to to activate the busy program"
Communicator must always be running, minimised, for full external communication to work - set it to auto start

1. Ensure that all programs (Log4OM, Omnirig, SDR Radio Consul) are being run as an Administrator - Full details are in our user guide

2. Check you are using the latest version of Omnirig
73 Terry G4POP
2E0YMT
Novice Class

Post by 2E0YMT »

Terry thanks a million for the reply however let me try and explain myself better this time round. Apologies for using the term commander my mistake (auto complete) I meant communicator with log4om

Im using log4om with communicator and then I have sdr console V3 prev4. The omnirig program is v1.16 with the front end support RIG1&RIG2, im using rig1 currently for all.

I use an FTDX3000 and installed the USB drivers from yeasu giving me 2off silicon labs com ports. I have been using COM4 in my case which is the "enhanced" com port.

Initially, I had installed Log4om & SDR console and opened both programs and used omnirig rig1 with at 9600 baud with both programs and as i recall it played fine. I then purchased pstrotator to use with my SPID thru log4om, this is on com5 with pst working thru log4om....this still works fine AFAIK.

Incredible!!!! I have just forced sdr console to open as admin and all seems to be working fine.....really ????

If there are any issues with the above please correct me.

Thanks and regards, Paul 2e0ymt
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Yes, COM port sharing through Omnirig works only if all programs runs with administrative privileges.
Omnirig mistery... :)

lele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
2E0YMT
Novice Class

Post by 2E0YMT »

Thank you Lele.

73 Paul