CQ DX Marathon

Moderator: OE6CLD

iz6gvc
Advanced Class

CQ DX Marathon

Post by iz6gvc »

Hi to all, is possible integry CQ DX Maraton on the AWARD Manager List of Log4OM?

Thanks
73s, Camillo
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CQ DX Marathon

Post by G4POP »

No that award would need to be hard coded as with DXCC, WAZ, WAS etc. and no major changes will be made to Log4OM version 1 because its on 'Maintenance only'

Perhaps is might get added to version 2.00 if enough users request it ???????
73 Terry G4POP
iz6gvc
Advanced Class

Post by iz6gvc »

Thanks for the reply!

I don't know if other users need for CQ DX Marathon added on Log4OM awards manager, but is one of most popular award in the world.

Anyway many thanks for the reply.

73s
73s, Camillo
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hello "Nameless" ...

i think it will be a problem if there are changes in the rules or DXCC or somethings else.
There is a great software calles "ADIF 2 CQDX Marathon" which can convert a normal ADIF
and fill in to the spreadshet. Those software will be updatet each year in January. I use
it every year and for me it´s not a problem to use a third party software for this special
"Award" ...

You can find some information and a download link here: http://software.ad1c.us/marathon/

Think it will be a problem for Lele if this award can only be hardcoded. If there are changes
in the rules he has to change the code.

For me it´s o.K. to work with a third party once a year ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
iz6gvc
Advanced Class

Post by iz6gvc »

Hi Juergen, I know "ADIF to CQ DX Marathon", also for me is not a problem work with this software, it is very simple and friendly.

My name is Camillo the same on qrz.COM, but is not important for me on this place, where are all OM and the OM name is the call! ;)

73s
Last edited by iz6gvc on 23 May 2017, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.
73s, Camillo
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

iz6gvc wrote: 22 May 2017, 14:36 My name is Camillo the same on qrz.COM, but is not important for me on this place, where are all OM and the OM name is the call! ;)

73s
Hi Camillo, that may be true but it´s even better to call the guys/ladies with there real names instead of the call .... Therefore the most of us put the real name to the signature.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
N7RD
Novice Class

Post by N7RD »

I do enjoy the CQ DX Marathon award. That is probably the only thing I miss about my old logging program.
It had the ability to track DXCC for complete log book or just for the current year which was great for the
CQ DX Marathon awards. Hope enough folks like it to get something added in the future.

Ron N7RD
Best Regards,
Ron D. Smith N7RD
VK3AWG
Advanced Class

Post by VK3AWG »

Hi all. I'm wondering if there has been any movement on integrating the DX Marathon into LOG4om? Lots of people enter the comp every year and it would make it so much easier. The main issue is that the DXCC list is different from the Marathon list. I hope this can be fixed. Just thought of another thing. If I am searching my log for say Shetland Is (for the marathon) how do I do that? It doesnt come up in the country list. Here is the marathon country list

http://www.dxmarathon.com/countrieslist ... jFPlRG4Yac

Regards
Chris
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK3AWG wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 12:16 Hi all. I'm wondering if there has been any movement on integrating the DX Marathon into LOG4om? Lots of people enter the comp every year and it would make it so much easier. The main issue is that the DXCC list is different from the Marathon list. I hope this can be fixed. Just thought of another thing. If I am searching my log for say Shetland Is (for the marathon) how do I do that? It doesnt come up in the country list. Here is the marathon country list

http://www.dxmarathon.com/countrieslist ... jFPlRG4Yac

Regards
Chris
You could always add the list of entities for this award in the Awards manager by creating an award then importing the list.

Once done you can then add the award entry as you enter a QSO and later filter by date

That said the new awards mechanism in version 2.0 is very comprehensive and should enable this award to be provided
73 Terry G4POP